Sleeps: 12 (+2 on sofabed).
Visit Wales: 5 Stars.
Low season £800 pw.
High season £1150 pw.
Short break (weekend): £670.
For further details please contact:
Tel: 01874 676253
Reload this mapSituated 500 yds outside the pretty village of Penorth, 5 miles east of Brecon, Glaslyn is a 60s architecturally designed house which sleeps 12 in 6 bedrooms. Its style is unique in the area and boasts fantastic panoramic views on 3 compass points. It is situated in an entirely private and peaceful location.
- The house has a huge open plan living and dining area, with a modern dining table with seating for 12 and comfortable leather settees and is equipped with TV, DVD, Video and CD.
- Off the living area is a sun lounge with wonderful views of the Usk Valley.
- A new kitchen has been installed and includes a range cooker, microwave, fridgefreezer, dishwasher, ample storage space plus an additional fridge as well. The kitchen looks out over farmland behind and you can closely watch the birds nesting just outside.
- There are six bedrooms at Glaslyn, with lovely views of the surrounding countryside and gardens:
- The master bedroom on the ground floor has an ensuite shower & WC and a TV and DVD. There is a sofa bed (double) in this large room, making it suitable as a family room. The beds in this room are zip and link and can be used as two singles or a super king size. At this level there is also a twin bedded room and a room with two standard size bunk beds. There is a new bathroom for these bedrooms to share.
- Up a small flight of stairs are the three other bedrooms. The first of these bedrooms has a kingsize bed, the second a double bed and the third has a set of zip and link beds to make two singles or a super king size. All rooms have ample wardrobe and storage space. The bathroom at this level has a deep bath and power shower.
- A utility room houses the washer/dryer and there is also ample drying space outside. A separate drying room is provided for the drying of walking/cycling clothes and boots.
- Glaslyn has been completely modernised throughout, with a comfortable and contemporary style.
- The Gardens, which are well established and full of colour, surround the house, with the main garden fully enclosed.
- A superb patio and barbecue area has been laid enabling outside dining and appreciation of the peace, tranquility and fresh air.
- A lockable outside shed is provided for safe bicycle storage. A bike stand, vice, tools and hose pipe are also available.