GLAS BHEINN COTTAGE
Isle of Skye
Sorry no pets.
Price range: £245 - £645 pw.
For further details please contact:
Tel: 01471 822116
Reload this mapGlas Bheinn Cottage is a 19th century stone-built cottage situated in the picturesque village of Luib, a great central location. The cottage looks down Loch Ainort and out to the Isle of Raasay and has the Red Cuillin at its back door. The cottage has been completely refurbished and finished to a high modern standard. The traditional feel has been retained with a combination of beautiful woodwork and exposed stone.
Photos below: Luib from Loch Ainort, Wintery Glas Bheinn
- Sleeps 4 with one double bedroom on the ground floor and a twin bedroom upstairs.
- The bathroom with bath and shower is on the ground floor.
- There is a well-equipped kitchen and comfortable open plan lounge/dining area featuring a wood burning stove.
- The cottage is on a quiet section of old road in the small crofting village of Luib. The stunning backdrop of the Red Cuillin along with the central location makes the cottage the perfect base to explore Skye.
- The cottage has a lovely garden with an uninterrupted view to the mountains and sea loch.
- Broadford, the main town in south Skye, is just a 10 minute drive away. It has a 24hr garage, tourist information, shops, pubs and restaurants, supermarket and 24 hour medical facilities. Portree, the main town is only 20 minutes drive.
- There is Wi-Fi at the cottage and there is a small climbing wall at the SkyeGuides office 200m away which you are welcome to use.
Photos below: View down Loch Ainort, Strathmore behind cottage
- All modern conveniences are supplied: Electric cooker, microwave, fridge, washing machine, colour TV with all free to view channels and DVD player.
- All beds will be made up with fresh linen and towels will be provided.
- The cottage is non-smoking in the interests of safety and hygiene.
- Cot and high chair are available.
- Stair gates and a fireguard are in place for safety.
- Private parking with space for three cars is provided within an enclosed garden.
- All fuel is supplied for the wood burning stove.
- Storage heaters heat the bedrooms and hall.
- Electricity included in rental price.
- Clients are able to use facilities at the leisure centres in Portree and Kyle of Lochalsh free of charge as guests at Glas Bheinn. This includes a swimming pool, climbing wall, gym, badminton courts and other indoor sports.
- Discount on activities with Skye Guides mountain guiding.
- Please look at our feedback on our facebook page "Glas Bheinn Cottage".
Mountain guiding, rock climbing and guided walks
- Luib is a peaceful village 15 miles from the Skye bridge and just 7 miles north of Broadford. With a large open sea-shore and surrounded by mountains, it is a paradise for lovers of wilderness. Dolphins and otters, herons, sandpipers and red-breasted mergansers are all commonly spotted in the bay. Visitors can also collect cockles, mussels, and oysters at low tide. A working croft with horses, sheep, hens and ducks give the village a unique character. The gate at the bottom of the garden leads straight from the cottage garden through common grazing to give direct access to the shore.
- Immediately behind the cottage lies Glas Bheinn (Glas Vayn, Grey Mountain). At 570m high this wonderful view point can be reached in less than 2 hours. Shorter excursions from the cottage are all guaranteed to give wonderful vistas across hills and sea.
The owners of Glas Bheinn Cottage run Skye Guides, specialising in guiding in the world famous Black Cuillin mountains. Any amount of advice on routes, conditions, equipment and suitability is always freely available. In addition to mountaineering and climbing we also provide guiding for walkers with less serious ambitions. We regularly provide guiding for families with a mixture of exciting adventures for children in beautiful scenery very popular. Bespoke itineraries are available for long or short walks to less publicised beauty spots for photography and natural history.