Pets only by prior arrangement.
Low season: £290 pw, short break £220.
High season: £390 pw, short break £290.
Christmas / New Year: £600 pw.
For further details please contact:
Tel: 0141 258 4474 or 07789 376 184
Last minute vacancies during weeks:Reload this mapGenoch Cottage is set on the turfy, rocky slopes of Genoch Inner Hill, toward the head of the Girvan valley in South Ayrshire. At the end of a farm track, it is in a beautiful isolated spot, with spectacular views towards the hills over the green river valley. It will appeal to all country lovers - walkers, bird-watchers, cyclists and mountain-bikers or just those who want a spot of peace and quiet in a glorious and little-visited part of Ayrshire - the heart of Robert Burns country.
There are easy walks from nearby Straiton (a pretty conservation village with shop, café and pub!), picnic spots by the river and by waterfalls, nearby beaches at Maidens and Culzean Castle, the premier visitor attraction for the National Trust for Scotland. For the more ambitious walker or mountain-biker, there is the Galloway forest park, which begins just a mile along the road from the cottage: and walks into the Galloway Hills from Glentrool - perhaps to climb Merrick, the highest mountain in Southern Scotland - make a lovely day out.
Come and be re-invigorated and restored!
- A light, spacious and private flat within the cottage is available to rent to couples.
- It sleeps a maximum of two, and consists of a large living / dining room - with wood-burning stove and kitchenette a double bedroom and a modern bathroom. Lovely views from both living-room and bedroom.
- There is satellite TV and DVD, phone and WiFi broadband.
- Outside, there is a simply-laid-out garden.
- We are surrounded by working farmland, and there are usually lambs and calves in the open fields around the house.