GEINAS FARMHOUSE STABLE
Low season £250 - £300 pw.
High season £400 pw.
For further details please contact:
Tel: 01745 710762
Last minute vacancies during weeks:Reload this mapGeinas Farmhouse Stable
14 Jan, 21 Jan, 28 Jan, 11 Feb, 18 Feb
Our stable which forms part of our grade 11-listed Farmhouse - Originally the cottage was a part of the main house, which dates back to 1749. The stable has had many uses including housing Turkeys!
When Tony and I saw the farmhouse cottage and Stable it was in a very sad state having been empty for more than 3 years, but we felt it had charm and potential to be both a lovely cottage and a wonderful home. Our intention was to keep as much of the original features as we could and to breathe new life into the buildings.
- All of the doors have been reclaimed and reused.
- In the courtyard on the wall you will see stone squares used to house Beehives!
- You will also see in the wall a stone slop out for the pigs that were housed in the yard.
- And for those who are interested - in the small shed there is a double wooded toilet! Not working but a fascinating look at bygone farming days.
- The Orchard and surrounding grounds are bursting with fruit trees - in season please help yourselves.
- We have our own chickens, which supply the most wonderful eggs (some are put in your welcome basket).
We have prepared a folder with all of the instructions for all of the equipment. However if you are struggling with anything do let us know.
This is our first season letting the stable, and do so want you to enjoy your stay; if there is anything you feel we can do to improve your stay please do not hesitate to ask.We hope you have a wonderful stay
Chris and Tony Jones