Sleeps: 2 (+2 on sofabed).
Sorry, no pets.
Tourist Board: 4 Star.
Price range: £325 - £475 pw.
Short break prices available.
For further details please contact:
Mrs Jacqui Newby
Tel: 01379 586166 or 07981 356544
Reload this mapGates Lodge is an early 19th Century Grade 2 listed, 4 Star, luxury self-catering detached lodge nestled amongst thousands of acres of farmland. The ideal location for that special country getaway for couples and families alike. Converted professionally in 2011 with no expense spared, it retains all of its original character, with oak beams throughout, solid oak flooring and hand-crafted pine farmhouse doors.
Complimented by the distant sounds of Cockerels and local birdsong, this is one of England's rarest unspoilt locations and attracts Horse-Riders, Walkers and Cyclists.
- With all modern conveniences and wood-burner, it is fully self contained, complete with its own garden, patio/BBQ area.
- Sleeps 2 + 2 on 4ft 6in wide sofa bed.
- We're part of a massive 40 acre common which is renowned for its rare wildlife - a nature reserve and SSSI area and part of the Waveny Valley project. The common is home to free-roaming horses in the Summer, often coming to the gate, and having their new-born foals on the common.
- The Lodge has stunning views across the fields which stretch for miles uninterrupted. Guests are likely to see Owls, Hares and other wildlife from the Lodge whilst taking in the peaceful countryside.
- Bright and airy in the summer with French Doors and warm and cozy in winter.
Please see our website for further details.
- Just 30 mins away is the Southwold Maize Maze, a superb adventure for all the family. Ipswich is home to the famous "Jimmy's Farm" as seen on TV and is a great day out for all the family with lots to see and do!
- There are many local towns and villages stocked with some lovely well-serviced antique shops and cafes together with some of the best Pubs and Restaurants in England.
- We are 5 mins drive or leisurely walk away from the quaint village of Fressingfield, with well-stocked shop and the famous Fox and Goose Inn, renowned pub and restaurant. Many local attractions beyond, and just 25mins drive from the Heritage Coast, Dunwich, Southwold, Snape, Minsmere Bird reserve and many more.
We are open all year.