Price: £300 - £350 per week.
Short breaks available Sept to April.
For further details please contact:
Tel: 01856 841583 or 07855 498814
Last minute vacancies during weeks:Reload this mapGarden Cottage is a self-contained cottage adjoining Kierfiold House. The cottage started life as a laundry; it has recently been converted to provide comfortable, well-equipped self-catering accommodation.
- The cottage has an open-plan living area downstairs with kitchen, dining and sitting areas.
- The kitchen is well equipped with an oven, hob, fridge freezer, microwave, dishwasher and washing machine.
- In the sitting area there is a TV, DVD playee and stereo.
- The cottage has WiFi.
- Upstairs you will find two bedrooms and a bathroom.
- Both bedrooms have large double beds. Twin beds can be provided in one room if preferred.
- The bathroom has a large bath with shower over it, sink and toilet.
- Good quality bed linen, duvets and towels are provided.
- The cottage benefits from partial double glazing and electric storage heaters.
- Whilst the cottage has two bedrooms we only accept bookings for 2 adults as the downstairs area is compact.
- The cottage has its own enclosed south westerly facing garden, which is sheltered and sunny.
- There is a paved patio area and garden furniture is provided.
- The cottage enjoys outstanding views across Harray Loch and the hills of Hoy.
- One of the unique aspects of Garden Cottage is the opportunity to enjoy Kierfiold Garden. Enclosed within old stonewalls and gnarled trees, Kierfiold Garden is both a surprise and a delight. Paths wind between borders edged with flowering hedges. The borders overflow with perennials, shrub roses, primulas and alpines. During your stay you are welcome to treat the wonderful walled garden as your own. You can also enjoy a game of croquet on one of Britain's most northerly croquet lawns.
- The cottage is 7 miles from Stromness and 15 miles from Kirkwall.
- It is located in the heart of the Orkney World Heritage site about 5 minutes' drive from Skara Brae, the Ring of Brodgar and Bough of Birsay.
- The cottage is 4 miles from Dounby, which has a hotel, petrol station and small supermarket.
The cottage is open all year round and can be booked on a Saturday to Saturday basis. Shorter periods and weekend breaks can be accommodated from late September to April.