Sorry no pets.
AA four star rated.
Low season £430 - £520 pw.
High season £520 - £690 pw.
Short breaks available - please call or email.
For further details please contact:
Tel: 02392 631729
Reload this mapGardener's Cottage offers guests welcoming holiday accommodation in the delightful village of West Marden, nestled in the South Downs close to Chichester in West Sussex. It was originally built by Lord Durham, who lived in the Manor House next door, for his gardener and occupies a truly peaceful and rural location. Guests enjoy panoramic views of the rolling downland, yet are close to all the amenities of Chichester, Portsmouth and the South coast. Our international visitors also like the ease of travel to London by train (under 1.5 hours).
- The centrally heated property accommodates 4 people and has been tastefully furnished over 2 floors, with a charming cottage garden overlooking fields and woods.
- There is a huge network of footpaths and bridleways running from the property, and the area abounds with wildlife. We regularly see deer, foxes, badgers and buzzards from the garden, and you might just meet the village peacocks.
- The village pub serves a range of beers and excellent food (we can vouch for this!) and is only a short walk away.
- A small shop and award winning tea room, playground/tennis court and church can be found in Compton, less than a mile up the road.
- The cottage was completely refurbished recently with tasteful new furnishings and decoration to all rooms. The ground floor is fully tiled and has Indian and Persian rugs to add that bit of colour and character.
- Large fully equipped kitchen, with oak units and a tiled floor. The kitchen provides: electric oven and hob with extractor hood, dishwasher, microwave oven, larder fridge, kettle, toaster, plenty of worktop and cupboard space. Vacuum cleaner and iron/board in utility room.
- The lounge overlooks the garden to the front and side and there is a comfortable 3 piece suite, large Indian rug, a nest of oak coffee tables, digital flatscreen TV with DVD, radio and CD player.
- The fireplace has a coal burning stove for additional heat and a lovely warm feel on chilly evenings (first bucket of coal included).
- At one end of the lounge, next to the kitchen is the dining table, which seats 4.
- Inside the back door is a small utility area with a washing machine and hanging space for coats, shoes, wellies etc.
- There are oak beams in the lounge and kitchen adding to the character of the cottage.
- From the lounge there is a small entrance lobby for the front door and stairs to a small landing leading to:
- Bedroom 1 - 1 double bed, bedside cupboards and wardrobe - lovely views over the paddock and hills.
- Bedroom 2 - 2 single beds, bedside cupboard and 2 chests of drawers - lovely views over the front lawn and fields into the woods.
- Bathroom - bath with shower over, WC, washbasin, heated towel rail.
- Outside the cottage has a lovely cottage garden with lawn, patio set, recliner and is a real sun trap.
- The cottage has off-road parking for guests' cars.