GARDEN BANK COTTAGE
Sleeps: 4 + cot.
Sorry no pets.
STB: 4 Stars
Low-Mid season £300 - £450.
High season £450 - £570.
Short breaks from £180.
For further details please contact:
Tel: 01573 225028
Mob: 07789 220468
Tel: 0844 409 9521
Last minute vacancies during weeks:Reload this mapGarden Bank Cottage has two en suite bedrooms, on ground level and has an open plan kitchen /sitting room with a woodburner making it a cosy, comfortable cottage for two couples or a family. Set on an organic farm with lovely river walks, It is also a perfect base for exploring the Scottish Borders and Northumberland coast and country. Tennis, WiFi, sky TV. Kelso 3 miles.
24 Sep, 1 Oct, 8 Oct, 15 Oct, 22 Oct, 29 Oct
Please see my website for booking on line and an availability search for my cottages in the Borders and flats in Edinburgh.
Garden Bank Cottage has spectacular views across rolling farm land to the Cheviot Hills on the horizon. The new patio and fencing is an exciting change for 2014 making the garden very private and sheltered with lovely views, comfortable garden furniture and bbq.
Garden Bank Cottage sleeps 4 people. One double and one twin room with their own bathrooms with luxury l'occitane. The kitchen is well equipped with an electric cooker, microwave, dishwasher, fridge and a seperate laundry with washing machine and iron and ironing board.
The sitting room has a wonderful woodburner and there is always a pile of dry logs as there are a few woods on the farm. Oil central heating throughout the cottage. Large screen TV and sky with a sports package.
- Bed prepared with lovely linen.
- On ground level.
- Fluffy towels.
- Oil central heating no charge.
- Wood burner and logs free of charge.
- Full double glazing.
- Large screen TV with sky TV including the sports package.
- DVD, dock station, clock radio.
- Electric cooker, microwave, fridge/freezer.
- Outside utility room with shared use of washing machine and tumble drier, iron and board and outdoor washing line.
- Cot and high chair on request.
- Tennis court 'with a view' all weather, coaching available.
- Farm Walks, wild flower meadow, fishing, off road parking.
- Post Office, restaurant, small park, church in village.
- Short breaks welcome.
- Booking on line and availability search.
- Open all year.
- Free range eggs and seasonal vegetables including asparagus, potatoes, spinach, leeks, onions, tomatoes and herbs. Also strawberries, raspberries and blackcurrants.
I have on line booking or you are welcome to phone or e-mail me.
- Garden Bank is just three miles from Kelso, a lovely market town with lovely shops, two garden centres, Floors Castle Kelso Abbey, Melrose Abbey is a twenty minute drive away and Jedburgh Abbey and Dryburgh Abbeys even closer. There are lovely cafes in Kelso and places to dine. There is a farmers market and a Sunday market. Northumberland is a short drive. Visit Alnwick Castle where Harry Potter was filmed, Alnwick gardens, Bamburgh Castle and it's pristine white beaches. Holy Island and The Farne Isles are worth a visit - catch a boat to see puffins and seals.
- Edinburgh and North Berwick are under an hour away. I have a carspace in the centre so handy if you want to go for the day.
- On the farm we have free range hens, ponies and ewes and lambs. There are lovely walks on the farm - along the river where you may see kingfisher or otter, heron or explore woods to see fox or deer. Take a picnic, relax and read a book.