13 Lower Breakish,
Isle of Skye
Sorry no pets.
Low season £370 - £450 pw.
High season £540 - £600 pw.
Before emailing to ask if dates are available and what the rates are, please first of all look at our availability charts which show the information you need.
For further details please contact:
Tel: 01471 822 297 (available evenings only)
Last minute vacancies during weeks:Reload this mapFossil Cottage is uniquely situated right on the seashore in the quiet crofting township of Lower Breakish, only five miles from the Skye bridge and two miles from Broadford, the island's second-largest village. The cottage is named after the millions-of-years-old fossils embedded in the walls.
24 Jan, 7 Feb, 21 Feb
This secluded old croft house has been tastefully modernised to provide a tranquil, atmospheric retreat for two people in a peaceful and private location right on the edge of a tidal estuary full of wildlife - seabirds, seals, otters, wild orchids - with giant fossils in a hidden bay nearby. The beautiful scenery is backlit by dramatic and colourful sunsets to admire from the sitting-room window or the sea-wall by the cottage.
- Full of character, Fossil Cottage is comfortably furnished and equipped with all you need to enjoy a perfect holiday.
- The cottage has a romantic double bedroom, a modern kitchen with a dishwasher and fridge-freezer, and a bright, cosy, warm sitting room with an extensive library of novels and local information.
- From the comfort of the sofa you can watch the otter fishing and playing on the shore outside and the high tide lapping just outside the window.
- There are numerous enjoyable walks and visitors attractions nearby and several excellent restaurants if you don't feel like eating in.
- If you're looking for somewhere special - not a bland self-catering unit - then Fossil Cottage is the perfect choice.
- Please visit our website to see more of the cottage, the spectacular scenery and the location.
- We look forward to welcoming you to Fossil Cottage for a special holiday you will not forget.