Sorry no pets.
Sorry no children.
Visit Britain: 4 Star.
Prices £330 - £430 pw.
Short breaks available (min 3 nights) mainly out of season. Please enquire.
For further details please contact:
Mrs Mary Postle
Tel / Fax: 01229 861 685
Last minute vacancies during weeks:Reload this mapForest Field is a luxurious recently built cottage with level access adjacent to our Victorian schoolmaster's house. Completely private, it has been specially designed for two people and is located in a tranquil, little-known part of the Lake District National Park. It is well equipped with high quality furnishings and decor throughout and kept in immaculate condition.
15 Mar, 22 Mar, 29 Mar, 5 Apr, 12 Apr
Forest Field is situated in the scenic Rusland Valley between Windermere and Coniston Lakes and close to Hawkshead and the Grizedale Forest. It makes an ideal location for a romantic break or base from which to explore this rarely visited part of the Lake District.
- Private entrance.
- All on one level.
- Centrally heated throughout so is comfortable even in the coldest weather.
- Sitting room with dining area: electric stove fire, flat-screen television, radio and DVD. Stunning views of the garden and countryside beyond.
- Well equipped screened kitchen area: double hob, combi microwave and oven, grilling machine, toaster, fridge with freezer.
- Washing machine, iron, ironing board and household cleaning equipment.
- Comfortable bedroom, overlooking farmland: Beds can be arranged to give twin beds or a king size double. Ample wardrobe and drawer space.
- Luxurious bathroom with large bath and separate power shower. The toilet is in an alcove within the main bathroom. The room is light and airy with a velux roof light: ideal for star gazing whilst having a bath!
- Own car parking.
- Private enclosed terrace with table and chairs.
- Set in half an acre of wild garden with a summerhouse over-looking a pond: an ideal location for picnics.
- Bed linen, towels, tea towels heating and lighting are all included in the rent.
- Free WiFi available.
- To get you started, we provide a welcome pack of tea, coffee, milk, biscuits or cake, a loaf of freshly baked bread from our local bakery and a pack of toiletries.
- Five miles from the coast.
- Ancient tracks and footpaths nearby: ideal for peaceful strolls.
- Popular attractions of Grizedale Forest, Hawkshead, Lake Coniston, Coniston village and Lake Windermere: all can be reached in half an hour or less by car.
- Ideally located to explore 'Miss Potter country'.
- Local pubs and shops within 5 mins by car.
- 6 miles pretty market town of Ulverston on the Furness peninsular: range of shops, cafes and restaurants.
- Northern Lakes and the Yorkshire Dales about an hour's drive away.
Open all year.
Available for weeklong holidays in high season.
Short breaks (min 3 nights) available off season.
Friday starts but we do try to fit in with what you require. Ring us to discuss.