Sorry no pets.
Sorry no children.
Visit Britain: 4 Star.
Short breaks (3nts min, April, May & Oct) £240 - £255.
Weekly bookings £360 - £460.
For further details please contact:
Mrs Mary Postle
Tel / Fax: 01229 861 685
Reload this mapForest Field is a luxurious recently built cottage with level access adjacent to our Victorian schoolmaster's house. Completely private, it has been specially designed for two people and is located in a tranquil, little-known part of the Lake District National Park. It is well equipped with high quality furnishings and decor throughout and kept in immaculate condition.
Forest Field is situated in the scenic Rusland Valley between Windermere and Coniston Lakes and close to Hawkshead and the Grizedale Forest. It makes an ideal location for a romantic break or base from which to explore this rarely visited part of the Lake District.
- Private entrance.
- All on one level.
- Centrally heated throughout so is comfortable even in the coldest weather.
- Sitting room with dining area: electric stove fire, flat-screen television, radio and DVD. Stunning views of the garden and countryside beyond.
- Well equipped screened kitchen area: double hob, combi microwave and oven, grilling machine, slow cooker, toaster, fridge with freezer compartment.
- Washing machine, iron, ironing board and household cleaning equipment.
- Comfortable bedroom, overlooking farmland: Beds can be arranged to give twin beds or a superking size double. Ample wardrobe and drawer space.
- Luxurious bathroom with large bath and separate power shower. The toilet is in an alcove within the main bathroom. The room is light and airy with a velux roof light: ideal for star gazing whilst having a bath!
- Own car parking.
- Private enclosed terrace with table and chairs.
- Set in three-quarters of an acre of wild garden with a summerhouse over-looking a pond: an ideal location for picnics.
- Bed linen, towels, tea towels heating and lighting are all included in the rent.
- Free WiFi available.
- To get you started, we provide a welcome pack of tea, coffee, milk, biscuits or cake, a loaf of freshly baked bread from our local bakery and a pack of toiletries.
- Five miles from the coast.
- Ancient tracks and footpaths nearby: ideal for peaceful strolls.
- Popular attractions of Grizedale Forest, Hawkshead, Lake Coniston, Coniston village and Lake Windermere: all can be reached in half an hour or less by car.
- Ideally located to explore 'Miss Potter country' and events in 2016 for 150 years since she was born.
- Local pubs and shops within 5 mins by car.
- 6 miles pretty market town of Ulverston on the Furness peninsular: range of shops, cafes and restaurants.
- Northern Lakes and the Yorkshire Dales about an hour's drive away.
Open all year.