Rutter Force Waterfall,
Nr Great Asby,
Sleeps: 2/4 with extra double room available on request.
No children under 12.
Well-behaved pets welcome.
Price range: £350 - £500 pw.
For further details please contact:
Tel: 07753 103678 or 01923 820015
Set in a magnificent location - a unique jewel set in The Eden Valley in Cumbria, with limestone pavements to the south of Rutter Force, waterfall. The Eden Valley has carved a fertile valley through the district, creating an area of lush meadows and rolling fields boarded by many old limestone quarries, stone walls and historic limestone kilns to the south; the Northern Lakes and fells to the west; the Scottish Borders and Hadrian's Wall to the north; the Pennines to the east.
- The site has historical references dating back to the 16th Century and is set in its own nature reserve. Relax, unwind and watch red squirrels, otters, deer, dippers, kingfishers, heron, goldcrest, long tailed tits and lots more. Even spawning salmon at the right time of the year!
- The quiet roads are ideal for cycling enthusiasts, and the countryside and fells provide excellent walking opportunities.
- In the nearby market towns of Appleby and Kirkby Stephen, you will find historic buildings, a range of delightful small shops offering crafts, antiques and local specialities.
- If you like long or short walks, touring the Eden Valley, getting away from it all or just want to see the beauty of the local habitat, look no further.
Ford Cottage offers luxury accommodation overlooking the picturesque Ford and adjacent to the Waterfall at Rutter Falls.
- The Cottage has a large sitting room with a log burner; double sofabed; leather sofa; dining table; Sky TV/DVD.
- Handcrafted pine kitchen with oven, hob, dishwasher, fridge, freezer and microwave.
- Double bedroom with painted furniture and wrought iron bedstead.
- Spacious shower room.
- Heating by radiators and/or log burner.
- Linen and towels provided.
- Wireless Broadband. Useage subject to your own PC wireless capability.
- *There is also an annex bedroom with double bed, ensuite bathroom and its own sitting area. This can usually be booked with Ford Cottage for a £100 supplement.
- The front garden looks across the Ford and up the Beck to Rutter Falls Waterfall.
- Private, off road, parking for 2 cars.
- Weekly bookings Friday to Friday all year.
- Short three or four-day breaks sometimes available, please enquire.
Pagelink:The Mill also available at Rutter Force Waterfall.
Rutter Falls is between Great Asby and Appleby, easily found off the B6260 Tebay to Appleby Road. Brown Tourist signs from Burrells, which is 1.5 miles from Appleby - Tebay (off M6 junction 38) Appleby (off A66 - Scotch Corner A1 to Penrith M6).
Photographer Dave Mells.