55 Yeoman Street,
1 small well behaved dog welcome.
Price range £190 - £350 pw.
Short Breaks: £150 - £240.
For further details please contact:
Last minute vacancies during weeks:Reload this mapA cosy former miner's cottage in the heart of an attractive village on the fringes of the Peak District National Park, between Matlock Bath and Winster. A perfect base for walking, with the Limestone Way and numerous other walks from the door. Public transport.
20 Sep, 11 Oct, 18 Oct, 25 Oct
Short breaks a speciality: bookable in advance for any time of year, any start day (minimum 3 nights).
Bonsall and the surrounding area
- Beamed living/dining room with open fire, Freesat TV with DVD player, iPod dock, local information, walking books and maps.
- Well-equipped kitchen with microwave, dishwasher, fridge, electric cooker, washer/drier. Area for drying outdoor gear. Door leading to enclosed courtyard garden.
- From the living room, narrow stairs lead up to:
- Bedroom with king-size bed. Hypo-allergenic duvet and pillows. Hairdryer.
- Spacious, recently re-fitted bathroom with double-ended bath, shower, toilet and basin.
- Gas central heating and double glazing throughout. All gas, electricity and a supply of fuel for log fire included.
- Egyptian cotton bed linen, towels, tea towels and useful extras (tea, coffee, toilet rolls, dishwasher tablets, washing up liquid, etc.) included.
- Internet access: the cottage is in a BT Fon hotspot, and free wi-fi is available at one of the village pubs, and in the village cafe.
- Street parking near the cottage.
- One small well-behaved dog by arrangement (house rules apply). The village pubs are dog-friendly.
Languages spoken: English, German, French.
- A vibrant and friendly limestone village, Bonsall is surrounded by beautiful countryside and a fantastic choice of walks, including the Limestone Way, which passes close to the cottage. Photo on right shows view of Bonsall.
- The scenic High Peak and Tissington Trails are nearby.
- The two pubs (2 mins and 5 mins walk) serve food. The cafe serves breakfasts and lunches.
- Within half an hour's drive are Chatsworth, Bakewell and Buxton, and closer by is the Derwent Valley World Heritage site.
- A car-free expedition from the cottage could include a ride on a bus, train, steam train or cable car.
£5 from each booking is donated to the Bonsall Barn Trust.