Pets by arrangement only.
Prices £695 - £1,350 pw.
For further details please contact:
Tel: 015396 21087
Last minute vacancies during weeks:Reload this mapGoodies Farmhouse is gorgeous! Full of warmth and character, this lovely 17th century house nestles in a beautiful wooded valley overlooking the Howgill Fells. Recently restored to a luxurious standard the house has a wonderful atmosphere and, set in an acre of garden and private woodland, is an ideal retreat for those seeking peace and tranquillity. The beautiful interior will please the most discerning visitor; quality and attention to detail ensures every modern comfort has been thoughtfully provided yet the farmhouse retains a lovely relaxing atmosphere where time seems to stand still.
Out and About:
- Beautiful lounge (featured above) with original oak beams, open fire for coal and logs, oak floor with rugs, two seater sofa, three seater sofa and armchair with Liberty covers, colour tv, video, lamps, wall lights, oak bookcase, piano, desk, information guides, local maps, magazines, books, chess set and games. The dining area has a magnificent 16th century oak refectory table and eight carved oak chairs. Spode dinner service.
- Studio with stunning views of the mountains and surrounding countryside; an unusual and very special place, utterly peaceful and private with glorious views, lovely relaxing atmosphere and very comfortable sofas.
- For eating outside there is a terrace with table and chairs and wonderful mountain views.
- The kitchen is fully equipped to a very high standard with oak cupboards, terracotta tiled floor, Neff electric double oven and gas hob. Miele dishwasher, fridge, excellent cookware and pretty china, small table and chairs, inglenook fireplace with cast iron stove, oak beams, bookcase and spice cupboard.
- A utility room houses a Panasonic microwave, large freezer, additional full-sized fridge (ideal for drinks and extra food storage) and Bosch washing machine.
- The old oak staircase leads up to the three bedrooms, all with sumptuously comfortable beds to ensure a blissful night's sleep; twin room, double room, and master bedroom with lovely views; this room has a good-sized en-suite shower room.
- The family bathroom has bath and shower.
Photo: View of the river - five minutes' walk from the farmhouse.
- The views from the farmhouse are beautiful; across the valley, which is wooded, to the high fells of the Howgills.
- Goodies is very private and is surrounded by open fields, woods and mountains.
- The garden areas are fenced and safe for young children to play in.
- There are many quaint little villages nearby with good restaurants and several country pubs, which serve excellent meals.
- Wonderful walks, far from the crowds, start straight from the door yet within 35 minutes' drive are all the amenities of the central Lake District.