English Tourist Board: 4 Stars.
Prices £295 - £445 pw.
Winter weekend breaks from £275.
For further details please contact:
Tel: 015396 21087
Last minute vacancies during weeks:An idyllic small cottage for two tucked away along a quiet country lane; no crowds, few cars, just wonderful high fells, a beautiful river and ancient woodlands to explore in a lovely quiet valley of old Westmorland. Bluebell is a delightful place; it has just been completely renovated to a very high standard and is luxuriously comfortable. The cottage is furnished in country style with Liberty and Laura Ashley fabrics, antique pine furniture, an old elm staircase and little curios in the nooks and crannies. Everything is included in the price; central heating, large basket of logs in winter, electricity, gas and all linen.
22 Mar, 29 Mar, 5 Apr, 12 Apr
- The lounge has a real log fire, beamed ceiling, windows overlooking the garden, comfortable two-seater sofa and armchair, occasional tables and lamps, colour television, dining table and bookcase with books and games.
- The shower room has an electric shower and Victorian style polished brass fittings.
- The pretty, country style bedroom has a beamed ceiling, windows overlooking the garden, comfortable double bed and antique pine furniture.
- The newly-fitted kitchen is a pleasure to use and is very well equipped with Bosch electric fan oven, gas hob, Bosch dishwasher, microwave oven, larder fridge, electric toaster, etc, pretty china and a good selection of cutlery and cookware.
- Bluebell has its own private garden surrounding the cottage; this is lovely, with a natural waterfall and interesting country garden plants.
- There are seats to sit in the sun and seats to sit in the shade and garden furniture for outdoor meals on the terrace overlooking the waterfall.
- The mountain scenery surrounding the cottage is breath-taking and as you would expect in such an unspoilt area, there is a marvellous variety of wildlife; pied flycatchers and redstarts nest in the garden, there are badger setts in the nearby woods and occasional sighting of roe and red deer.
- Included: central heating, initial supply of logs and kindling during October to end of April, gas, electricity, bed linen, bath and hand towels, tea towels and table linen.
- No smoking is requested.
- There is plenty of car parking space.
- Pleasant country village shopping is within 15 minutes' drive and large new supermarkets are 30 minutes away.
- Wonderful walks straight from the door.
- Visits to the nearest lakes: Ullswater, Haweswater and Windermere.
- Exploring the beauty of the Yorkshire Dales, discovering quaint little villages; enjoying excellent meals at nearby country pubs; it is all easy from Bluebell Cottage and a hand-written guidebook lists the many local walks, good country pubs and interesting places to visit.
- The tranquillity and the 'get away from it all' atmosphere surrounding the cottage is wonderful and yet all the amenities of the The Lake District National Park are within a few minutes' drive. The best of both worlds!
Bluebell Cottage is adjacent to a lovely Elizabethan Farmhouse which sleeps six; both properties have their own private gardens, neither of which is overlooked by the other and there are no shared parking or access areas. For more details, please click here.