Sleeps: 6 +cot.
Pets welcome by arrangement.
Low from £295 per week.
Mid from £395 per week.
High from £495 per week.
Shorts Breaks welcome from £149, midweek or weekend.
For further details please contact:
Tel: 01874 690200
Mob: 07974 808002
Last minute vacancies during weeks:Set on the edge of the Brecon Beacons National Park, the location, scenery and welcome are second to none. With peace and quiet promised at the cottage, a relaxing break can be expected. The calming decor of the cottage complimented by original features throughout, provides an ideal opportunity for you to have a true country cottage holiday.
30 Apr, 7 May, 14 May, 21 May, 28 May, 4 Jun
- This is a well-established holiday cottage which welcomes back regular visitors year on year. Suitable for all ages. A home from home.
- Stunning views across the owner's farmland - directly towards the peaks of the Brecon Beacons - can be admired. The dramatic shadows during sunsets are never the same on two occasions.
- The cottage is welcoming all year round. A spring break to see lambs, daffodils and snowdrops may be in order or the change to see the rich autumn colours of the surrounding trees and forestry may be preferred. Kick back and enjoy a glass of wine during the long winter nights or even better during the long summer days with the birds and wildlife.
- The cottage offers two receptions rooms, well equipped, spacious yet cosy.
- Original inglenook fireplace in the kitchen/diner which features all the original beams. The kitchen is well equipped with Royal Worcester china, microwave, electric double oven, grill and hob, fridge, freezer, dishwasher and washing machine.
- Comfortable lounge with plenty of leaflets highlighting the areas attractions, tv with basic Sky channels, dvd player, and plenty of leaflets highlighting the area's attractions. A perfect atmosphere to sit down and enjoy your break away.
- Three bedrooms await - two doubles (one with sink) and one twin. Rooms will be fully made up for your arrival. Bathroom with power shower over bath and sink. Separate restroom with WC and sink.
- All beds have high quality mattresses, mattress covers and pillow protectors. Bed linen provided.
Any length of stay welcomed, full flexibility on arrival and departure days. All enquiries welcome and we look forward to welcoming you to Ffinnant Uchaf.
- The area is to be explored, discovered and enjoyed. Superb choice of pubs/restaurants serving delicious home cooked Welsh dishes within close proximity of cottage. Plenty of walking or cycling - arduous or gentle - from your doorstep. Country towns can be visited down either the Wye or Usk river valleys or just one hour away from the energetic capital city of Cardiff.
- Not only should the views, wildlife and relaxing setting of Ffinnant Uchaf attract you to the cottage - there are many things to do and see in the surrounding area. In Brecon, there is a leisure centre, cinema, and theatre. Just ten minutes down the road is Cradoc Golf Club, an 18 hole Golf Course plus driving range. Great line up of acts in Brecon Theatre. Follow the River Usk down through its gorgeous valley and visit Crickhowell, Abergavenny, Usk and Cowbridge for some great shopping and beautiful scenery. Alternatively follow the river Wye, go canoeing, wall climbing, pony trekking or venture into Hay on Wye and follow Offa's Dyke.
- The Brecon Beacons has also, this year, become Wales' first International Dark Sky Reserve. International Dark Sky Reserves are area recognised as possessing an exceptional or distinguished quality of starry nights and nocturnal environment. Ffinnant Uchaf is ideally placed to enjoy those dark evenings.
- There are Showcaves at Dan-yr-Ogof, waterfalls at Henrhyd with a 90ft drop and castles galore in the south Wales valleys.
- There are numerous country pubs offering good home cooked food and more importantly a warm welcome. The Three Horseshoes in Groesffordd offer a cracking meal, good beer and a friendly welcome within 15 minute drive of cottage. The Royal Oak in Pencelli and the Old Ford Inn, just outside Brecon, also. There is a list of our favourites in a guide to the area provided at the cottage. There are good Chinese and Indian takeaways in Brecon. Even a pick your own strawberry farm just down the road.
"Enjoyed our stay, wonderful views, cosy cottage, clean and tidy. Great for dogs, Good walks, will come again, great place to stay."
"lovely to be back again, waterfall walks amazing. Lovely and peaceful and relaxing. Can't wait to be back."
"Relaxing Bank Holiday weekend getting away from the city and homework."