36 Stainton Village,
Sleeps: 3; however a 4th person can be accommodated on a fold up bed.
One well behaved dog is welcome.
Quality in Tourism: 4 Stars. Gold Award.
Low season £330 - £380 pw.
High season £455 - £510 pw.
Riverdale Cottage in Barnard Castle, sleeps 2
For further details please contact:
Tel: 0191 511 0555
Mob: 07966 158 127
Last minute vacancies during weeks:Reload this mapA delightful country cottage with fantastic views over Teesdale.
26 Apr, 3 May
Ferndale Cottage is in a prime location with fabulous views over Teesdale. Our cottage is situated in Stainton Village, just a two-minute drive from the bustling Market Town of Barnard Castle which is alive with the comings and goings of the local Dales folk. The cottage is close to many local pubs and restaurants, specialist shops and galleries and great places of interest, such as The Bowes Museum, Raby Castle and High Force. Although near the centre of activities in Teesdale, the cottage is a haven of peace and quiet.
- Ferndale Cottage is an original, early Victorian farm-workers cottage built around 1850. It has recently been tastefully refurbished into a fine country cottage. Now bright and contemporary, it still retains the 'wrap around' warmth of a typical dales country cottage.
- For ramblers there's a fantastic range and variety of walks close by, woodland walks, riverside walks, railway walks and longer distance moorland walks. If you'd prefer to relax with a book or a film - then there's plenty to choose from at Ferndale Cottage.
Come and enjoy a wonderful holiday at Ferndale Cottage in Teesdale.
- The cottage has a sunny southwest facing sitting room with fabulous panoramic views over Teesdale. A beamed ceiling and real flame fire make this a warm and cosy room to relax in.
- A large and sunny family sized kitchen with separate dining area leads to the garden at the rear - perfect for alfresco dining and relaxing with a glass of wine while the sun goes down.
- The cottage has a large master bedroom with king sized bed and ample storage. (Again there's an outstanding view over the Dale).
- A luxury bathroom and an additional bedroom with en suite shower room.
- All heating, lighting, towels and bed linen are included with your accommodation.
The Quality in Tourism Inspector commented - Quote:
"Guests at Ferndale Cottage will enjoy a characterful, spacious and well appointed accommodation, close to local services and amenities and in an ideal location from which to explore Teesdale. Housekeeping practices are well established and the proprietors adopt a positive approach to maintaining the property to the highest standards."