Felin Rhyd Fawr,
Sleeps: 4 plus.
Cot available on request.
Low season £385 - £460 pw.
High season £460 - £690 pw.
For further details please contact:
Tel: 020 7404 6021
Fax: 020 7831 6115
This Grade II Listed stone Welsh Farmhouse and its outbuildings were built circa 1800. The Barn which has recently been converted to a high standard is warm and welcoming retaining it's original features including vaulted ceilings and oak floors.
- The Barn has 2 bedrooms (with 1 double bed and 1 twin beds), bathroom with bath and power shower, and living area with fully fitted kitchen.
- The Barn is set in one acre near to the Main house with, cart sheds, an old forge (now a shed) and Grade II listed stone pigsties!
- Beautiful views from the front of the property over the water meadows, tree-clad mountains behind and fields either side.
- There is a drive into the property between the house and the barn with ample shared parking for up to five cars.
- The historic village of Harlech with its castle and beautiful sandy beach together with the town of Porthmadog with its sailing facilities and sandy drive-on beach are equidistant being approx. 7 miles. The Italianate village of Portmeirion is a short distance from the house.
- Extensive walking in the surrounding hills and mountains, pony trekking, fishing, golf, are all close by. Additionally, bird-watching, swimming (pool at Harlech), miniature steam railway, shopping (at Porthmadog) etc.
- The mountains of Snowdonia stretch all around. Snowdon with its mountain railway, Betws-y-Coed, Conway, Llandudno and Caernarfon are all within easy reach.
- The village of Maentwrog is approximately 2 miles away and has two very old inns which are "children-friendly" and serve food throughout the day and evening meals.