Sleeps: 2 / 3 +cot
Travel cot available.
1 well behaved dog welcome.
Low season £220 - £280 pw.
High season £340 - £395 pw.
For further details please contact:
Tel: 01666 840 652
Mobile: 07768 052 774
Last minute vacancies during weeks:Reload this mapSurrounded by stunning scenery, Elm Cottage is a southfacing bungalow with lovely views of Loch Tay. Tastefully refurbished, ideal for couples/young families and welcomes climbers, cyclists/walkers. Trout fishing available.
20 Dec, 10 Jan, 17 Jan
View from patioFeatures
- Quiet situation 1/2 mile up farm road, detatched cottage among others but with uninterrupted views.
- Fenced private patio area, garden bench.
- Large lockable shed for cycles, prams, muddy gear.
- Woodburning stove, starter pack of fuel provided.
- Parking for two cars.
- Dogs can be walked up hill, up past farm (on lead until clear of free range livestock).
- Trout fishing available.
- Bedroom 1: double bed, fitted wardrobe.
- Bedroom 2: single bed, fitted wardrobe, space for travel cot and toddler bed.
- Bathroom: shower over bath, WC, washbasin.
- Kitchen, living room, dining area open plan with super views.
- All electricity provided.
- Night storage heaters.
- Bed linen and towels supplied.
- Cot, high chair and some toys provided.
- Kitchen: well equiped inc. washing machine, microwave.
- Living area, dining table, 4 chairs.
- 3 seater sofa and large bean chair.
- Satellite TV, DVD, iPod dock/CD player.
Elm Cottage is situated in an elevated position above Fearnan village among highland perthshire's finest scenery, 3 miles from the very picturesque village of Kenmore at the head of Loch Tay. Kenmore has a post office and shop and 3 restaurants including Kenmore Hotel, Scotland's oldest Inn. 10 miles away in Aberfeldy there is a Co-op and plenty of choices to eat out. Elm is less than 2 hours from Glasgow and Edinburgh airports.
There is a vast choice of sporting activities locally, including all water sports on Loch Tay, white water rafting, canyoning, quad biking, mountain biking (a new mountain bike skills track at Highland safaris and Drop at the Top for those who just fancy a downward ride!). Fishing, golfing with 9 hole course at Kenmore and 18 hole course in stunning Taymouth Castle grounds. Climbing, (15 Munros within approx 15 miles). Walking (notably to Black Rock View Point above Kenmore, The Birks of Aberfeldy, Falls of Acharn) and Highland Safaris for those who would rather see the views and wildlife from the comfort of a landrover!
Wet Weather Attractions
Fearnan has its own Loch tay Pottery and an art gallery.
Dewars World of Whisky, Aberfeldy and Edradour Distillery, Pitlochry.
Menzies Castle,by Aberfeldy and nearby House of Menzies.
Blair Castle, Blair Atholl and nearby House of Bruar.
Spirit of Wood.
"The Scottish Crannog Centre", Iron Age reconstruction on Loch Tay.
Information on all of these and more to be found in cottage including detailed info on walking/cycle routes.