Sleeps: 4 +cot.
Sorry no pets.
ETC: 4 Star.
Low season £320 - £520 pw.
High season £520 - £810 pw.
For further details please contact:
Mrs Cathy Varley
Tel: 07778 524199
Ebenezer Cottage offers spacious accommodation comprising one double and two single bedrooms, sitting room, dining room and fully equipped kitchen. We have an enclosed rear cottage style garden. Charming peaceful setting on quiet millstream lane leading to the village millpond. Wonderful walks directly from the front door with access to South West Coastal Path and Dorset Jubilee Trail.
- Master double bedroom (approx 15' x 14').
- Single bedroom (approx 11'5" x 8'7").
- Single bedroom (approx 11'9" x 7'9").
- Upstairs bathroom with shower over bath.
- Downstairs cloakroom.
- Dining room with seating for six people.
- The kitchen is fully equipped with electric cooker, gas hob, dishwasher, microwave, washer/dryer and fridge/freezer.
- Gas central heating.
- Colour television and video.
- Fuel/lighting inclusive.
- Bed linen (duvets) and towels included.
- Children welcome - cot and highchair available.
- Garden table and seating.
- Public road parking 50 metres from property.
Sutton Poyntz was the 'Overcombe' of Thomas Hardy's novel 'The Trumpet Major', with the mill and mill house as the main setting. Hardy's cottage is nearby in the village of Lower Bockhampton.
There are many other unspoilt beaches and idyllic secluded coves within easy reach including the famous Chesil beach, Ringstead Bay, Lulworth Cove, Durdle Door, West Bay, Golden Cap near Seatown and Lyme Regis for fossils and a dinosaur tour.
With its elegant Georgian seafront, wide promenade and delightfully picturesque old harbour the seaside town of Weymouth is at the heart of the World Heritage Coast. There is a wide choice of restaurants and eating establishments. The golden sweeping beach is approximately 1.5km long. The bay is sheltered and swimmers and other water users benefit from the gradually sloping seabed giving shallow inshore waters.