DUNNET HEAD COTTAGE
and SELF CATERING
Sleeps: 4 on two double beds.
Sorry no pets.
Low season £430 - £450 pw.
High season £450 - £480 pw.
For further details please contact:
Brian Sparks, Tina Irving
Tel: 01847 851774
Situated at the base of Dunnet Head, the most northerly point on the UK mainland, Windhaven is a sympathetically renovated croft with stunning views over the Pentland Firth to Orkney. There is a resident seal colony in Brough Bay just below the property, and residents are welcome to barbecue on the beach. We can provide the necessary equipment. Residents can of course use the garden which gives magnificent vistas of both Dunnet Head and Orkney.
- There is plenty of great walking in the area, and there are information packs in the cottage.
- Fly fishing in the lochs on Dunnet Head is permitted from May to October, and fishing permits are available locally.
- There are golf courses at Reay (20 miles), Thurso (12 miles) and Wick (15 miles).
- The beach at Dunnet Bay is a 3 mile stretch of golden sands with magnificent sand dunes and with Dunnet Forest opposite is a great place for recreation. Surfers often use Dunnet Bay (3 miles) and kayakers, sea fishermen and divers frequent Brough Bay on a regular basis.
- We also have mountain bikes for rent and can provide information on cycle routes.
- Dunnet Head is paradise for ornithologists with puffins, guillemots, fulmar, shag, buzzards and cormorants in abundance in the spring. The flora and fauna of the peatlands offers an endless fascination for all.
- Windhaven is 10 minutes from Gills Bay and 20 minutes from Scrabster if you would like spend the day on the island. If you go from Scrabster as a foot passenger, we can organise your trip for you with bike hire, guided walks and other fun things.
- There is also a tour boat which runs from June to September. Once you have booked with us, we can provide all of the information, or build you a bespoke tour.