BADACHRO DRY ISLAND
Sleeps: 2 + 3 + 5.
Dogs by prior arrangement (please email/phone).
Prices £250 - £450 pw.
Recommended by rough guide 2012. We have also been recommended by the Guardian, The Observer, See Scotland Differently and as seen on Swedish TV.
Dry Island is one of 20 best secret British isles as recommended in the Saturday Times Travel Section, July 18 2015.
For further details please contact:
Mr I. McWhinney
Tel and Fax: 01445 741263
Last minute vacancies during weeks:Reload this mapThe Old Curing Station and Otter Cabin, Dry Island
Badachro Dry Island is truly a unique holiday experience.
- Uniquely situated in a Scottish West Coast island paradise, The Old Curing Station and Otter Cabin offer an unrivalled location. Dry Island is a tidal island but accessible at all times by the floating 'bridge over the Atlantic'.
- Choose from the beautifully renovated B listed former curing station next to the island's own pier, or the private location of the secluded purpose-built Otter Cabin, with its own BBQ decking area and beach on the other side of the island.
- Wildlife encounters are frequent with otters, seals, pine martens and a multitude of seabirds including great northern divers often seen from both properties. There is also an active otter holt and new wildlife walk on the island as well as frequent sightings of the northern lights and meteorite showers in winter.
- You can buy the freshest possible shellfish directly from the boat as it is landed by Ian, whose family have fished this area for generations. It is the only fishing station on the West Coast of Scotland still in use today.
- Car parking is a short distance away on the mainland; your luggage can be ferried over by boat.
- The local inn serving food, fine wines and ales, is directly opposite the island a few minutes' walk across the bridge.
- The village of Badachro is ideally situated close to sandy beaches, heart-stopping scenery and spectacular hill walking.
- The village of Gairloch is 5 miles away with a wide variety of shops, restaurants, bars and attractions.
The Old Curing Station and Otter Cabin:
- 1 double bedroom.
- Lounge contains colour TV and DVD player, CD player and ipod docking station.
- The Kitchen is well equipped with electric cooker, microwave, fridge freezer, washing machine etc.
- Shower room with WC and washbasin.
It is a large warm, secure off-grid wooden cabin with decking and undercover outdoor seating area to enable you to enjoy the beautiful woodland and sea views.
- Sofa bed, bunk bed, and comfy seating areas to read and watch the tv/dvd/radio.
- A heater is provided.
- It is suitable for 4 adults or 2 adults and 2/3 children.
- Fleece blankets are provided. You need to bring your own sleeping bags, pillow cases and towels.
- You have your own fully equipped camping kitchen and your own shower and toilet.
- The bothy is completely by itself on the island and is close to your own playpark with slides, swings.
- Free wifi is available.
- If Badachro Bothy is booked in conjunction with The Old Curing Station there is a 5% discount.
- The local bar is a quarter of a mile away.
- Nearest shops are in the village are 5 miles away.
- The village inn provides meals throughout the day.
- Free WiFi available on the island.
- Fresh fish and shellfish available.
- Mooring for your own boat.