12 Garden Street,
Gatehouse of Fleet,
Dumfries and Galloway
Sorry, no pets.
Price range: £235 - £370 pw.
Christmas and New Year: £375.
For further details please contact:
Cilla and John Stanger-Moore,
9 Croft Park, Wetheral, Carlisle, Cumbria, CA4 8JH
Tel: 01228 561582
Reload this mapOur lovely Galloway cottage is situated in a quiet corner of pretty Gatehouse of Fleet, only minutes' walk from tempting little shops and eating places. Recently fully renovated and extended, it sleeps 4 in two bedrooms, and the open-plan living area has views down the sunny south-facing garden.
- The cottage is comfortably furnished and very well equipped, and we have tried to provide everything you could need for a relaxing holiday. It is all on the ground floor and has a sunny garden in which to eat outside.
- Gatehouse of Fleet nestles in the lovely Galloway countryside, within easy reach of large sandy beaches, NTS Threave House and Gardens, walking, mountain biking in the Galloway Forest, nature reserves, Kirkcudbright, bustling Castle Douglas, and much more, and provides an ideal base to explore the attractions of the Galloway coast.
- Within a few minutes you can be taking walks with wonderful views, and visiting historic Cardoness Castle.
- We previously let the cottage through a well-known holiday cottage agency, who rated it 4 star, and many of our guests now return and recommend it to friends.
- Two bedrooms: 1 king size double, 1 with twin beds, both rooms with bedside units, wardrobes and chests of drawers. Please note that although the rest of the cottage is on one level, there is one step up to the double bedroom.
- Full-size travel cot and a high chair are available - please request these at time of booking. Please bring cot bedding as none is provided.
- All heating, hot water, bed linen, towels and kitchen towels included in the rent.
- TV with Freeview, radio/CD player, DVD player, small library of books/games/DVDs.
- Fully fitted kitchen, with electric cooker, washing machine, dishwasher, microwave and fridge/freezer.
- Modern bathroom with Velux window and shower over the bath.
- Parking for one car is usually available right outside the cottage, but additional parking is available in the Community Centre car park nearby.
- Enclosed garden with patio area and furniture. No grass, only flower beds, gravel paths and paving, therefore unsuitable for ball games or very young children. However there is a small grassy park very near, and a large park with woodlands in the centre of Gatehouse.
- The local golf and bowls clubs welcome visitors.
- No pets and strictly no smoking.