Croiddur Barn & Barcud Cottage
Photo: Cwmcroiddur Barn
Croiddur Barn sleeps 4 (+1).
Barcud Cottage sleeps 4+.
Well-behaved dog welcome.
Croiddur Barn: £420 - £610 pw.
Barcud Cottage: £295 - £405 pw.
Midweek and weekend breaks available.
For further details please contact:
Andy Brice or Karen Whiteside
Tel: 01550 721213 (house)
Mobiles: 07778 219599 or 07979 750519
Reload this mapCwmcroiddur started life as a small hill farm in the 17th century. It's now a private estate offering peaceful and relaxing breaks in a uniquely beautiful setting. Nestling in a fold of the Mallaen Mountain, it's just a kilometre away from the picturesque village of Cilycwm with its excellent pub.
Photo: Croiddur Barn
- The area offers fantastic hill walking and mountain biking and its central location gives good access to the whole of west Wales.
- Local attractions include spectacular waterfalls, an RSPB reserve, a Red Kite feeding station and the Dolaucothi Gold Mines.
- Croiddur Barn and Barcud Cottage are available for self-catering holiday breaks either separately or together.
Croiddur Barn is very spacious and imposing, yet a comfortable place to stay. Rather than fill in the building with a first floor, the conversion of the barn has preserved the feeling of being in an exceptional place.
- Kitchen and Dining Areas: The fully equipped kitchen and slate floored dining area are at the heart of the house. Massive windows overlook the Mallaen Mountain and our own woodlands and gardens to one side and the Tywi Valley to the other.
- The dining table seats six or more and the kitchen has a gas hob, electric oven, microwave, fridge and dishwasher.
- Lounge Area: With the ceiling thirty feet overhead, and a large window overlooking the garden pool and stream, it's a place that feels grand yet cosy. Freesat TV and DVD player are provided.
- Bedrooms: There are three bedrooms, a double a twin and a single, each with its own washbasin. Bed linen and towels are provided.
- Croiddur Barn has central heating and solar hot water, and a large wood-burning stove.
- Outside, there's a large balcony with barbecue area and views across the Tywi Valley to the Black Mountain.
- For more information please visit our website
This charming cottage is the oldest building at Cwmcroiddur. Its very substantial walls, about a metre thick, show its great age. Today, the thick walls keep it cool in summer, while eco friendly wood fired central heating make Barcud Cottage cosy during the cooler parts of the year.
Photo: View from Cwmcroiddur
- Living Room: This comfortable room has windows to the front and to the side, with stunning views of the Mallaen Mountain.
- Kitchen: With gas cooker, microwave, fridge and dishwasher, there are all the facilities you'll need for a relaxing break.
- Bedrooms: Unlike many older properties, Barcud Cottage has two light and airy bedrooms, one double and one twin, both with spectacular views. Bed linen and towels are provided and each room has its own washbasin.
- Outside, the Cottage has a private walled garden with patio and barbecue area.
- For more information, please visit our website.