Sorry no children or babies.
1 well behaved pet welcome.
Price range: £250 - £325 pw.
For further details please contact:
Mrs. Alison Oliver
Tel: 01751 431077 (home)
Last minute vacancies during weeks:Reload this mapCruck Cottage is a cosy and quirky conversion of a 19th century stable with sloping ceilings and exposed original cruck beams. Set in its own private garden area, with off street parking, the accommodation provides an ideal base for 2 to explore this beautiful region, be it on foot, by car, bus or bicycle.
25 Jun, 2 Jul
- Tastefully and comfortably furnished, Cruck Cottage is situated in the pretty village of Wombleton on the edge of the North York Moors National Park. There is a pub in the village, which serves food.
- The nearby market towns of Helmsley and Kirkbymoorside offer extensive local facilities, including pony trekking and a golf course. Walkers can enjoy a range of beautiful routes on the moors, dales or coast.
- Visit Rievaulx Abbey, Helmsley Castle, the North York Moors Steam Railway, Castle Howard, Ryedale Folk Museum, Scarborough, Whitby and York, and enjoy the numerous local pubs serving wonderful food or the local fish and chips.
- On the ground floor, the open plan sitting/dining/kitchen area has a log fire and electric heaters.
- There is a digital freeview TV with DVD.
- The kitchen includes an electric cooker and microwave.
- The downstairs shower room has an electric shower, WC, wash hand basin and heated towel rail.
- A staircase leads to the mezzanine bedroom with double bed and velux window. We regret that due to the sloping ceilings in the bedroom, the cottage is not suitable for guests with restricted mobility.
- Wombleton is signposted from the A170 Thirsk to Scarborough road, approximately 3 miles east of Helmsley.
- The Plough Inn is just 100 yards down the road and there is an excellent farm shop 2 miles away.
- The village has a regular bus service to Scarborough via Pickering, and to Helmsley.
- The nearest shops are in Helmsley and Kirkbymoorside.