T'AULD CRUCK BARN
Cumbria CA11 0NP
Photo: T'Auld Cruck Barn is the lower building on the right.
Sleeps: 2 adults (+ sofabed).
Sorry, no pets; No smoking.
Price: £280 pw.
(£40 per night but weekly bookings preferred. Sat-Sat.)
For further details please contact:
Ian and Pat Griggs
Tel: 017684 82064
Reload this mapWe are pleased to welcome visitors to the T'Auld Cruck Barn, which is connected to the house, but can be entirely self-contained with its own independent front door. There are windows on three sides with superb views towards Kirkstone Pass, Deepdale, Grizedale and Helvellyn. Patterdale is a splendid base for walking, climbing and boating in the N.E.Lakes. It lies at the foot of Place Fell and below Boredale Hause, on the Coast to Coast path. Helvellyn is nearby. Excellent walking from the house; without the use of a car. Village store and two pubs within 1/4 mile.
- Our reconstructed half-cruck barn offers a self-contained, self-catering, open-plan unit.
- Two single beds with duvets, and a 4ft sofa bed.
- Linen and towels and duvet covers are not provided.
- The room is 22ft x 17ft with en-suite shower, washbasin and wc.
- There is a fully equipped galley-kitchen with electric cooker, microwave and refrigerator.
- There is Sky TV, radio, and WiFi connection.
- Heating is by two Economy 7 storage heaters, supplemented when necessary by a convector heater.
- Electricity is charged at the current rate.
- The only mobile phone signal is Vodaphone.
How to Find Us
- A small patio area, with garden table, alongside an orchard with play-area and swing.
- A parking area for one vehicle is available.
From Patterdale, fifty yds. south of the Post Office & White Lion, turn east at a sharp bend, over a narrow bridge & follow that lane for 200 yds. then turn right. Pass four bungalows on left & a large oak tree. Rookings is the next house on the left. No parking here so continue for 30 yds. & make a U turn through the field gate marked Rookings.