CROSSWOODHILL FARM HOLIDAY COTTAGES
1 detached property (shown in photo on right) and one self-contained wing.
Smaller cottages sleep up to 6.
STB: up to 4 Stars.
Low: £330 - £390 pw.
High: £670 - £780 pw.
For further details please contact:
Mrs Geraldine Hamilton,
Crosswoodhill Farm, by West Calder, Livingston, West Lothian, EH55 8LP
Tel: 01501 785205
Last minute vacancies during weeks:Reload this mapSCOTTISH THISTLE AWARDS: (the annual VisitScotland tourism 'Oscars': entry is open to all holiday cottages in Scotland with quality assurance star ratings.)
20 Dec, 27 Dec, 3 Jan, 10 Jan, 17 Jan
SCOTTISH SELF CATERING OPERATOR OF THE YEAR IN 2001, 2005 and 2008 and a finalist in 2013.
Rural bliss just 35 minutes from city buzz!
"Wow! What a fantastic house. The eye for detail is quite amazing." "We are thrilled at the amazing serenity, charm and beauty of every detail of our stay." "The cottage was everything we could wish for and more - warm, light, beautifully furnished... to be able to step outside the door and hear curlews, plovers and skylarks singing was just wonderful." Just three comments from the Visitors' Books in these award-winning holiday cottages with built-in customer care. Both on the same farm, each very different and all close to Edinburgh, just a short drive along the A70.
Photos above: Steading Cottage
Photos below: Wing of Crosswoodhill Farmhouse
Listed here are just 2 of Crosswoodhill's properties, the high 3 STAR Wing of Crosswoodhill Farmhouse and 4 STAR Steading Cottage. These two properties appeal to those looking for a value-for-money stay and an authentic farm experience on this hill sheep farm on the Pentland Hills. The photos here show Steading Cottage first and then the more traditional Wing. With 1700 acres of farm to roam, cows and sheep to meet, bracing air, and lots to explore, guests need the plentiful tourist information provided in each cottage to remind them that there is also another world out there to discover.....
Whatever the weather, whatever the ages, there is so much to see and do. And come the end of the day, Crosswoodhill's the perfect place to unwind.
- Edinburgh.... exciting, historic, Europe's festival capital and the most beautiful city in Britain.
- Glasgow... city of style... cool, creative, cosmopolitan... a rising star amongst cities.
- And within an hour's drive, Loch Lomond and the Trossachs, glorious Border country, the majestic heart of Scotland and unimaginable diversity of scenery.
- Museums, galleries, castles, palaces, a huge range of leisure activities for all ages, excellent shops and culture galore.
Accommodation: (STB high 3 to 4 ****)
Rental includes linen and towels
- 3 bedrooms each.
- Oil central heating, cosy multi-fuel stoves.
- Thoughtfully equipped: payphones to power showers, dishwashers to desirables like free WiFi, video/ DVD players, microwaves, freezers, tumble-dryers, books, games, garden furniture.
- Child-friendly, pet-friendly, and one is wheelchair friendly.
- Credit / debit cards acceptable.
Fuel extra, payable at cost, according to useage.
Open all year.
To find out more about the area and choose the property which best suits your needs browse Crosswoodhill's website and capture some of the magic that guests discover in profusion when they come. And for those who are looking for "la creme de la creme" and willing to pay a bit more for 5 STAR contemporary chic, please click on the link below to Crosswoodhill's 2005 conversion.
Orlege End, Crosswoodhill Farm, sleeping 3+
New in 2011 is a stunning new-build house, Craigengar Lodge, which sleeps 12+ guests. To discover details of this one and all the properties on Crosswoodhill Farm, please click on the blue tab above which says "Owner's website." You will be able to explore each place room by room!
Whichever Crosswoodhill holiday property you choose you're sure to enjoy some of the best, award-winning, self-catering accommodation in Scotland.