at Croft House
Cot and high chair available.
Sorry no pets.
Visit Britain: 4 stars.
For 4 people: £374 - £695 pw.
Short breaks: From £262 for 4 people (three nights).
Croft Corner, sleeps 2
For further details please contact:
Mrs Jan Boniface
Tel: 01 7687 73693
Last minute vacancies during weeks:Reload this mapCroft House Holiday Cottages at Applethwaite, an unspoilt, rural village nestling at the foot of Skiddaw just over 1 mile from Keswick in the English Lake District, offer four quality self catering properties. With just four properties we provide a very personal self-catering service and 40% of our bookings are from return guests. All four properties are Four Stars with peaceful settings and spectacular views.
26 Apr, 3 May, 24 May, 31 May
CROFTSIDE is a cottage located at Croft House - a Victorian country house surrounded by fields on the outskirts of Applethwaite village. It is on the right hand side in the first photo above. It can accommodate 4 people and a baby in a cot. It is furnished in country-house style and has outstanding views to the Borrowdale and northwestern fells and to Skiddaw and Latrigg. The photo above shows the view from the lounge of Croftside.
- Entrance through porch into hall.
- Spacious double bedroom with canopied bed, television and view over the garden to the Borrowdale fells.
- Shower room with shower, hand basin and toilet.
- Double aspect lounge with extensive views to the Borrowdale and north-western fells. Flat screen television, DVD player and music system.
- Double aspect kitchen/dining room with views to the shoulder of Skiddaw. Dishwasher, electric cooker, fridge and microwave. Also freezer.
- Twin bedroom with television and magnificent views to Applethwaite and Skiddaw!
- Spacious bathroom with bath, (shower over) toilet and hand basin.
For CROFT CORNER (for 2) see the "pagelink" above for the other two properties UPPER HOUSE (for 6) and LOWER HOUSE (for 4) please go to the owner's website. The latter has further details of the accommodation, the views and many more photos. It also has an up to date, all year availability calendar, weekly/short break rental rates and information about late availability offers.
- Garden with garden furniture, BBQ and views down the Bassenthwaite valley.
- Central heating, separate car-park with space for 2 cars, children's play area and lockable cycle storage.
- Shared laundry room washing machine, tumble drier and facilities to dry walking gear.
- Footpaths "from the door".
- Three restaurants and health spa facilities within walking distance.
- Free wireless broadband access.
- Red squirrels can still be seen in the Applethwaite area and Derwentwater and Bassenthwaite, where ospreys have nested in recent years, are only five minutes away. Keswick has easy access to other areas of the Lake District and there are many other lakes within a 30 minute drive.