at Croft House
Cot and high chair available.
Sorry no pets.
Visit Britain: 4 stars with GOLD award.
For 4 people: £393 - £730 pw.
Short breaks: From £275 for 4 people (three nights).
Croft Corner, sleeps 2
For further details please contact:
Mrs Jan Boniface
Tel: 01 7687 73693
Reload this mapCroft House Holiday Cottages at Applethwaite, an unspoilt, rural village nestling at the foot of Skiddaw just over 1 mile from Keswick in the English Lake District, offer four quality self catering properties. All four properties are Four Stars with peaceful settings and spectacular views.
CROFTSIDE is a cottage located at Croft House - a Victorian country house surrounded by fields on the outskirts of Applethwaite village. It is on the right hand side in the first photo above. It can accommodate 4 people and a baby in a cot. It has outstanding, panoramic views to the Borrowdale and northwestern fells and to Skiddaw and Latrigg. The photo above shows the view from the lounge of Croftside.
- Entrance through porch into hall.
- Spacious double bedroom with television and view over the garden to the Borrowdale fells.
- Shower room with shower, hand basin and toilet.
- Double aspect lounge with extensive views to the Borrowdale and north-western fells. Flat screen television, DVD player and music system.
- Double aspect kitchen/dining room (recently refitted kitchen area) with views to the shoulder of Skiddaw. Dishwasher, electric double over cooker, ceramic hob, fridge and microwave. Also freezer.
- Twin bedroom with television and magnificent views to Applethwaite and Skiddaw!
- Spacious bathroom with bath, (shower over) toilet and hand basin.
For CROFT CORNER (for 2) see the "pagelink" above for the other two properties UPPER HOUSE (for 6) and LOWER HOUSE (for 4) please go to the owner's website. The latter has further details of the accommodation, the views and many more photos. It also has an up to date, all year availability calendar, weekly/short break rental rates and information about late availability offers.
- Enclosed garden with garden furniture, BBQ and views down the Bassenthwaite valley.
- Independent central heating and own adjacent boiler room with space to dry walking gear.
- Separate car park area with space for 2 cars.
- Children's play area.
- Lockable cycle storage.
- Shared laundry room washing machine and tumble drier.
- Fell walks and footpaths "from the door".
- Three restaurants and health spa facilities within walking distance.
- Free wireless broadband access.
- Red squirrels can still be seen in the Applethwaite area and Derwentwater and Bassenthwaite, where ospreys have nested in recent years, are only five minutes away. Keswick has easy access to other areas of the Lake District and there are many other lakes within a 30 minute drive.