at Croft House Holiday Cottages,
Cot and highchair available.
Sorry no pets.
Visit Britain: 4 star.
Price range: £281 - £487 pw.
Short breaks available from £197 (three nights).
Croftside, sleeps up to 4
For further details please contact:
Mrs Jan Boniface
Tel: 017687 73693
Last minute vacancies during weeks:Reload this mapCroft House Holiday Cottages at Applethwaite, an unspoilt, rural village nestling at the foot of Skiddaw just over 1 mile from the market town of Keswick in the English Lake District, offer four quality self catering properties. With just four properties we provide a very personal self catering service and 40% of our bookings are return guests. All four properties are Four Stars with peaceful settings and spectacular fell views.
20 Dec, 3 Jan, 10 Jan, 17 Jan, 24 Jan
CROFT CORNER accommodates just 2 people (and a baby in a cot.) It is a cottage-style ground floor apartment located at Croft House - a victorian country house set surrounded by fields on the outskirts of Applethwaite village - see top photo. Guests who have limited mobility might like to be aware that the accommodation in Croft Corner is all on one level and it is a level path to the property from the car park.
- Entrance through porch into kitchen (electric double oven cooker, microwave, freezer and fridge).
- Lounge/dining room with view over the garden to the shoulder of Skiddaw. Flat screen TV, DVD player and music system.
- Double bedroom with view across farmland to Latrigg. Spacious en-suite bathroom with bath(shower over), hand-basin and toilet.
For CROFTSIDE (for 4) see the "pagelink" above. For the other two properties UPPER HOUSE (for 6) and LOWER HOUSE (for 4) please go to the owner's website. The latter has full details of the accommodation, the views and many more photos. The owner's website also has an up to date, all year availability calendar, weekly/short break rental rates and information about late availability offers. There is also a "reserve online" facility.
- Courtyard cottage garden with water cascade, garden furniture, BBQ and magnificent view to the summit of Skiddaw.
- Central heating, separate car-park, children's play area and lockable cycle storage. Fell walks 'from the door'.
- Shared laundry room with washing machine, tumble drier and facilities to dry walking gear.
- Free wireless broadband access.
- Three restaurants and health spa facilities within walking distance.
- Red squirrels can still be seen in the Applethwaite area and the shores of Derwentwater and Bassenthwaite, where ospreys have nested in recent years, are only five minutes away. Keswick has easy access to other areas of the Lake District and there are many other lakes within a 30 minute drive.