CRAIG LORA COTTAGE
Sleeps: 2 - 4.
Sorry no pets.
Tourist Board: 4 star.
Price Range: £295 - £395 pw.
Mid-week and weekend breaks available.
For further details please contact:
Tel: 012 452 31657
Last minute vacancies during weeks:Reload this mapCraig Lora Cottage - the cosy (self-catering) 19th century detached stone cottage on the bank of the River Orchy set amidst fabulous countryside about half a mile from the village of Dalmally on the west coast of Scotland in beautiful Argyll. Ideal for hillwalking with Ben Cruachan mountain range nearby, delightful woodland walks, boat hire at Loch Awe, golf (9-hole at Dalmally), fishing on the Orchy, Strae and Lochy - rich in trout and salmon - wildlife with golden eagles, otters and red deer, castles - including the romantic ruins of Kilchurn Castle on Loch Awe - stunning views and fresh air - or, if all this is too much, just sit, relax by the river and enjoy Craig Lora - the cottage on the river.
2 May, 16 May, 30 May
Location, Location, Location
Craig Lora is perfectly located to access Scotland's most outstanding scenery of the western and central highlands:
Excellent 4-star accommodation includes:
- To the west is Loch Awe, Loch Etive, Lorne and Appin; to the north - Glencoe and Fort William; to the south - Loch Lomond, Loch Fyne, Kintyre and Cowal.
- From Oban (22 miles), you can take a ferry to the Western Isles of Mull, Iona and Colonsay or visit some of the 20 notable gardens Argyll has to offer all within driving distance.
- Dalmally itself is served by the Glasgow/Oban train and the West Highland Line can be joined at Tyndrum or Bridge of Orchy.
- Historic Inveraray is just 15 miles where you can visit Inveraray Castle - the beautiful home and gardens of the Duke of Argyll - or the famous historic town jail where you can stay a while!
Mid-week/weekend breaks available and we endeavour to offer a discount for two.
- One double and one twin bedded room, newly fitted white bathroom, kitchen with 'all mod cons' including dishwasher, log/coal fire, private south facing terrace and garden which leads down to the river - the perfect place to sit relax and unwind - take in the scenery and the sunset and hopefully the weather is kind.
- Excellent bar food/restaurant within walking distance.
- Linen, logs and coal included.
- Really sorry but we are unable to take pets and very small children.