Sleeps 2- 5 in three bedrooms.
Sensible well controlled dogs by arrangement.
Prices from £325 pw.
Short breaks from £250.
For further details please contact:
Mrs Lesley Edmonds
Tel: 01433 621397 or Text 07702 400013
Reload this mapA rather special shepherd's cottage offering premium quality accommodation - enjoying spectacular views over valley and moorland from its peaceful hillside location at the start of the MamTor ridgewalk.
Prices include all electricity, GAS CH, quality bedlinen and towels.
- A beautifuly designed interior with fresh contemporary country style furnishings - woodburner stove in the sitting room (for cosy evenings) and sympathetic lighting.
- Furnishings include leather sofas and comfortable wing chairs - persian rugs and New England pine / 42" TV.
- Contemporary country style kitchen with granite worktop, includes fridge, freezer, dishwasher, ceramic hob, double oven, microwave, washing machine.
- Dining area, hallway, ground floor WC.
- First floor - double bedroom (kingsize bed with quality vi-spring mattress) and TV.
- Twin bedroom with TV, single bedroom, Shower room/WC.
- Private sheltered terrace with natural spring water feature. Pleasant landscaped garden with summer house.
- Parking adjacent to cottage.
- Cycle store.
- Enclosed dog walk.
Price allowance for occupany by 2 people.
No children under 8 yrs.
- Between the Edale and Hope valleys - surrounded by sheep grazed fields and woodland, adjacent to National Trust land and directly on the Mam Tor ridgewalk.
- Pub 1/2 mile - good food - dog friendly.
- Village 1 mile has cafes, pubs, takeaway (Indian and Chinese) good range of shops including newsagent, SPAR, organic butcher and delicatessen.
- Upper Derwent Valley cycle paths and hire 7 miles (or 2 if cycling!) - golf 3 miles -trout fishing at Ladybower 5 miles, summer outdoor swimming pool in Hathersage 5 miles, gliding 6 miles. Climbing - Stanage rocks 6 miles.
- Castleton 2 miles - has Peveril Castle and Blue John Caverns.
- Popular visits - Chatsworth House, Haddon Hall and National Trust properties of Quarry Bank Mill, Lyme Park, and Little Moreton Hall. Market towns of Bakewell - and Buxton (with Opera House, museum, and waitrose supermarket) are 10 miles. Trains to Sheffield and Manchester from tiny Hope station 1 1/2 miles.
- Excellent gourmet dining within 1 mile.