Sorry, no pets.
Low season: 320 Euros pw.
High season: 395 Euros pw.
For further details please contact:
G. Phillpotts or Peter Gardner
Tel: Mr.G.Phillpotts 01329 833103
Last minute vacancies during weeks:Reload this mapCarries Cottage is a traditional Irish stone cottage, parts of which are believed to date back several centuries.
- The cottage, which is all on one floor, is divided into a sitting room area, porch, kitchen, bathroom and two bedrooms.
- Bedroom one is a good size twin bedded room with chest of drawers, wardrobe, heater and window facing towards the Twelve Bens mountains.
- Bedroom two is a lovely south east facing room with twin beds, two chests of drawers, wardrobe and heater. This room looks out over the nearby lake with dramatic views and benefiting from the early morning sun.
- The kitchen offers a fridge, microwave, toaster and a range of cooking utensils and an electric oven with grill. Hot water is provided by electric immersion heater.
- The bathroom has a wash basin, low level WC, full size bath and shower and a wall mounted electric heater.
- Bed linen is provided.
- Electricity is supplied by meter (2 Euro coins).
- The cottage has its own filtered water supply from a nearby lake, and mains drinking water is available from Ballyconneely approx. 3 miles away. Bottled water is also available in the store.
- The cottage has a superb open fire where traditional peat logs, available locally, can be used.
- The area around Carries is very remote and a haven for many kinds of wildlife, with hares, swans, cormorants and other seabirds being frequent visitors.
- The cottage is an ideal place for exploring Connemara with the nearby Twelve Bens mountains being an excellent area for hill climbing.
- The nearby town of Clifden (approx 12 miles away) has a good variety of shops, bars and restaurants. There is a laundry, bank, tourist office and doctor's surgery and many outlets selling local produce.