CHURCH FARM STABLES
ETC: 4 Star.
Price range £500 - £870 pw.
Open all year.
For further details please contact:
Tel: 01300 345 315
Mob: 0781 248 2167
Last minute vacancies during weeks:Reload this mapChurch Farm Stables have been converted into spacious accommodation comprising two double bedrooms and two bathrooms sitting room with dining area and fully equipped kitchen.
18 Apr, 25 Apr, 2 May
- The Stables are adjacent to Church Farm and set in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty in West Dorset.
- The village of Buckland Newton is in a central location with Dorchester and the Jurassic coast to the south and Sherborne to the north.
- Ample parking.
- Ramp to front door for ease of access.
- There are two double bedrooms, (one with a double bed, the other with twin beds), a shower room off the master bedroom and a second bathroom adjacent to the second bedroom.
- All power, bed linen (duvets) and towels are included.
- Digital television and DVD player.
- The sitting room has oil fired central heating with gas coal effect fire (decoration only), leading to a dining area seating for four people.
- The galley kitchen is fully equipped with electric cooker and hob, dishwasher, washing machine, tumble drier, fridge/freezer, microwave.
- Clothes line behind the Stables.
Buckland Newton is at the head of the Piddle Valley in West Dorset, and is approximately 10 miles north of the Roman town of Dorchester and 9 miles south of the market town of Sherborne. It lies almost hidden in a fold of hills on the southern edge of the Blackmore Vale. The surrounding countryside is very rural. There is a shop in the village and also a pub called the "Gaggle of Geese" within walking distance of the Stables.
- Large private east facing terrace with outside seating.
- English Tourism Council 4 Star.
- 20 acres of fields to explore including water meadow, River Lydden and wildlife ponds in the surrounding fields.
- Many wonderful walks through woods, fields and lanes directly from the door.
- Bedlinen and towels provided.
- Peaceful setting with superb views.
- Fully equipped galley kitchen.
- Ample parking for cars.
- Non smokers only and no pets.
- Bookings are from Friday to Friday with guests being asked to leave before 10.00am and to arrive after 3.00pm.
- Open all year.
- A 30% deposit will be due on booking, with the balance due 6 weeks before the holiday.
The Church is largely 15th Century but has a 13th Century, early English, chancel that was overlooked by the heavy handed Victorians!
There are many unspoilt beaches within easy reach along the south coast, from Studland, Lulworth Cove, Weymouth, Chesil Beach, Abbotsbury Swannery and the sub-tropical gardens, Burton Bradstock, West Bay, Golden Cap near Seatown and Lyme Regis for fossils and a dinosaur tours. The whole part of the Jurassic south coast has been selected for World Heritage Site Status.