32 Chapel Fold,
Sleeps: 1 - 4.
Sorry, no pets.
Visit Britain: 4 stars.
Price range £225 - £400 pw.
Short breaks (3 - 4 days minimum) available all year.
For further details please contact:
Tel: 01282 866390
Last minute vacancies during weeks:Located in a quiet backwater amongst the higgledy-piggledy courtyards and cobbled streets of the historic Pennine conservation village of Old Heptonstall, near to Hebden Bridge in the South Pennines, Chapel Fold is a picturesque early Grade II listed two-bedroomed country cottage. From the moment you arrive in this tranquil environment you will be able to unwind as you take in the traffic-free environment and wonderful panoramic views.
24 Jan, 31 Jan, 7 Feb
This cosy cottage has been renovated recently, retaining many original features including an open stone fireplace (complete with cast-iron French multi-fuel 'Godin'), mullioned windows and original oak beams, and is furnished to accommodate up to four people comfortably for those special self-catering holidays.
Surrounded by miles of unspoilt countryside, Heptonstall village is a real 'find' and provides a daily-opening Post Office / General Store and two pubs providing excellent traditional home-cooked pub food and refreshment; all within walking distance. Nearby Hebden Bridge, in its riverside and canal-side location, provides a small-scale supermarket and more dining and entertainment opportunities with a hint of the 'hippy' generation: friendly and quaint for those interested in an out-of-the ordinary retail experience.
- The centrally-heated cottage has a fully-fitted Kitchen with electric oven, gas hob, fridge/freezer, microwave and dishwasher.
- The Lounge/Dining Room is cosy and full of character and is equipped to a high standard including a chocolate leather two-seater Settee; Armchairs; Antique Dining Table & Four Chairs; DVD/CD player; selection of books, DVDs and CDs; rugs and throws; views to the rear through stone-mullion windows over the valley.
- Large Principal Bedroom with solid pine Double Bed, Bedside Cabinets and Lamps, quality coordinated bed linen, ample storage and views to the rear through stone-mullion windows over the valley.
- Second Bedroom with Double Bed, etc.
- The Bathroom provides a bath, shower, WC and hand basin.
- A Washing Machine / Dryer is available in the vaulted cellar, together with ample storage space for bikes, etc.
- Heptonstall was developed in a gentler, more people-friendly age: for people rather than cars. Consequently, although there is easy access to the property for unloading luggage and shopping, the residents park in the village car park just below our property which is visible from the Lounge, Principal Bedroom and Patio.
Included in your stay:
- There is a small but adequate sunny Patio Area overlooking the valley, complete with outdoor furniture.
- Bed Linen and Towels.
- Gas, electricity and central heating.
- Tourist information and help in planning your holiday including restaurant recommendations.
- Enjoy excellent facilities and all home comforts while using Chapel Fold as a picturesque base - away from the crowds - for discovering (by walking or touring) the varied landscapes of Hardcastle Crags; historic National Trust woodland; 'Last of the Summer Wine' and 'Herriot' Country; the Peak District National Park; South Pennine hills and 'Bronte' Country.
- Wonderful country walks start virtually from the doorstep and numerous places to visit in the area include Haworth, Skipton and the Yorkshire Dales, 'Pendle Witch' Country, Keighley and Worth Valley Railway (the original location of the film 'The Railway Children') and even the newly-refurbished National Museum of Film, Photography and Television with its five-storeys high IMAX screen!
- Further afield are Harrogate, York, Bolton Abbey, Fountains Abbey and Saltaire Mill, to name just a few.
- This part of the UK is also unrivalled for its factory outlet shopping (eg Boundary Mill, Ponden Mill).
- Close to the M1 and M62 motorways and mainline rail networks for easy access to Leeds, Manchester, York, Bradford, Wakefield, Sheffield and all attractions, major cities and airports of the North, Chapel Fold is a unique and unusual location.