Sleeps: up to 8.
Sorry no pets.
Low season £295 - £495 pw.
Mid season £395 - £595 pw.
Peak season £595 - £895 pw.
Short breaks are welcome - midweek or weekend.
Smaller party rates available.
Couple Specials available.
Fully flexible on days of arrival and departure.
For further details please contact:
Joan / Stella Owen
Tel: 01874 690200 or 07974 808002
Last minute vacancies during weeks:This outstanding barn conversion is suitable for families or friends wishing to have a holiday in rural Wales. It is not too big for a couple wishing to get away! It is well equipped, spacious and immaculate with tasteful decor throughout. The beautifully converted stone barn dates back to 1822. Set above the Usk valley with wonderful views and miles of walking in the area. Sympathetically re-built using the original Welsh stone, complimented by Welsh slates, handmade oak doors and beams throughout. All of which makes this a very warm and comfortable home for your holiday.
1 Nov, 8 Nov, 15 Nov, 22 Nov
Decorated with Farrow and Ball colours, oak beams, hand made oak doors, crisp linen sheets with oak furniture combined with many contemporary touches, this is a unique property and a special place to stay. We have had excellent feedback on the standard of facilities of Chalgrove. Come and see for yourselves.Accommodation
- Downstairs, there is a large welcoming open plan sitting area with beautiful views across untouched farmland towards the peaks of the Brecon Beacons. TV/DVD with freesat Sky. Electric wood burning effect stove creates beautiful feature and additional heat.
- Good quality kitchen well equipped with ample storage space, table and seating for 8 persons. Double electric oven, dishwasher, fridge in kitchen extending through to utility room with additional fridge freezer, washing machine and sink. Laundry accessories all provided.
- Shower room with WC and washbasin also downstairs for those covered in mud after a days walking and adventuring.
- Further 'Snug room' with sofa for a quiet relaxation room for reading, ideal for writing or just peace and quiet away from it all.
- The lovely oak stairs lead you to four immaculate bedrooms, designed to provide you with a restful sleeping place with plenty of little accessories.
- The master double bedroom, with fitted wardrobe, has an adjoining en-suite bathroom with bath, shower, sink and wc.
- Bedroom two, double bed complimented with oak furniture. En-suite shower room, sink and wc.
- Bedroom 3 is galleried with king size bed, and bedroom 4 is a twin, ideal for children. Bedrooms 3 and 4 have the use of the family bathroom on the landing which has shower over the bath, WC and sink.
- Bed linen provided and included in pricing. Electricity and heating (oil) all included also.
- Mobile reception variable.
- Sorry no pets.
- Private drive with ample parking.
- No further booking fee or additional costs.
- Easy booking procedure.
- The property is situated on the boundary of the Brecon Beacons National Park and the area is blessed with rolling hills, woodland, canal walks and river valleys. Within the National Park you can enjoy plenty of activities including geocaching, walking, canoeing, climbing, fishing, mountain biking and much more.
- The local area has plenty of attractions. For a girls' weekend way you can enjoy an afternoon at the spa at Peterstone Court just ten minutes away or lads on a jolly you can go golfing at Cradoc Golf Club - 18 hole course + driving range. Horse racing is available at Ffos Las or Chepstow.
- There's lots to do and see, plenty of country pubs and inns to enjoy home cooked food and local beers.
- A list of our favourite eating establishments is provided in the property.
- For families, you can go pony trekking in the Brecon Beacons or Black Mountains and enjoy some of the play barns and open farms in the area.
- You can also enjoy the sky at night as this is an ideal setting for star gazing - bring your telescope!
- Views throughout the entire year are outstanding and dramatic views can be seen for you keen photographers at dawn and dusk.
- The River Valleys of the Usk and Wye are there to be enjoyed. Whether it's walking or the towns and villages hugging the river banks or even a canal there is much to be enjoyed.
- Local towns within 30 min drive: Brecon, Crickhowell, Hay on Wye, Abergavenny, Llandovery, Builth Wells.
- Dan Yr Ogof Shows are within half an hour of the property.
- Royal Welsh Showground Builth Wells is also easily accessible. Ideal location to stay if you wish to attend any of the events.