THE COACH HOUSE
17 St Mary's Street,
Sleeps: 4 - 5.
Not suitable for young children.
Sorry no pets.
Price range: £770 - £1050 pw.
Short breaks from £330 - £450.
For further details please contact:
Mrs Jenny Farndale
Tel: 01353 662124
Last minute vacancies during weeks:Reload this mapWithin the shadow of Ely's magnificent cathedral, this original Coach House has been imaginatively restored and converted into a delightful cottage full of character and charm. Situated at the bottom of the large walled garden, it is a most tranquil and secluded position.
14 May, 28 May
Still in everyday use until the 1950's great attention has been paid to incorporate as many of the original features as possible. So details such as stable paviors, latch doors, exposed beams and wood floors are much in evidence. Similarly the style of decor and furnishings have been carefully chosen to reflect the building's original purpose. For example the Tack Room still has the saddle hooks draped with bridles etc. and the original stove used to heat the horses bran!
Arranged on two floors the accommodation downstairs comprises:
- A country style kitchen complete with an old pine table and dresser plus an array of kitchenalia, enamel signs and even a 'Lazy Susie' clothes airer! There is of course a cooker, fridge and microwave, as well as crockery, cutlery and cooking utensils.
- The informal rustic look of the kitchen is followed through in the adjacent living room. A large rug covers the terracotta pammet floor and the seating is a miscellany of comfy chairs. A generously stocked old pine bookcase, some traditional games, a radio and TV offer a choice of entertainment.
- There are two charming double bedrooms, one has a view of the Cathedral. Both have Victorian brass and cast iron bedsteads, with interior sprung mattresses 4'6" wide, made up with crisp white cotton bedding.
- There is also a single room: originally the grain store it is now a cosy cabin sized room appealing to young and old alike. Bed 3'6" wide.
- All the beds have Hollow fibre duvets and pillows.
- Every bedroom has an en suite bathroom, with a loo, wash hand basin and a half size bath with hand held shower taps.
- Free parking (1 vehicle).
- There is excellent lighting throughout and gas central heating.
- Linen, towels, toilet soap, loo rolls, tea towels, cleaning materials and some basic provisions are provided.
- CD and DVD player.