Port of Menteith,
Sleeps: 4 - 8 +cot.
Max 1 dog welcome (£15 pw).
Prices from £375 - £675 pw.
Short breaks available by arrangement, please contact for further details.
For further details please contact:
Mr A.D.Orr Ewing
Tel or Fax: 01877 385223
Cardross holiday homes are part of Cardross Estate which dates back to the C16. Situated in Central Scotland, on the edge of the Loch Lomond and Trossachs National Park the cottages are ideally placed for guests to make day trips to the Highlands, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Perth and Stirling as visiting both the East and West coasts.
The estate grounds include historic parkland where sheep and cattle graze freely down to the edge of the river forth on which fishing is available for guests. The rural peace and tranquility of the estate and the cottages make this ideal place to unwind.
There are numerous local attractions for visitors including Stirling Castle, The Wallace Monument, Fishing on the Lake of Menteith and on the River Teith, sailing on the Sir Walter Scott Steamer on Loch Katrine, nearby monro bagging on Ben Lomond, climbing on Ben Ann, and Ben Venue, Osprey viewing in Aberfoyle and Red Kite viewing at Argatty. In addition there are numerous fine restaurants and family friendly cafes and pubs.Gartur Bothy (sleeps 4)
Gartur Bothy is an attractive cottage forming part of a traditional farm courtyard. Recently renovated it provides comfortable and roomy self catering accommodation in a beautiful area of Scotland. Its situation at the end of a private road ensures a peaceful stay.
Yew Tree Cottage (sleeps 4)
- On the ground floor is a spacious living room with a wood burning stove, a kitchen/dining room, bathroom and utility room with a washing machine and tumble drier.
- On the first floor there are two twin or double bedded rooms as required, both with spectacular views.
- The bothy has the use of a south facing enclosed grassed area adjacent to the steading with far reaching views.
- To the west are views of the Loch Ard Forest and Ben Lomond.
- A wooden garden hut contains garden furniture and a barbecue.
- The cottage has a radio/CD player, clock radios, flatscreen TV with DVD player.
Yew Tree Cottage is a traditional country cottage set in the small hamlet of Dykehead with wonderful views over open countryside offering a perfect spot for a self catering vacation.
Arnvicar Farm House (sleeps 6 - 8)
- The accommodation is all on one floor and consists of a lounge/dining room with open fire, pine kitchen, two twin bedded rooms (doubles if required), and a bathroom with overbath shower.
- Adjacent to the backdoor is a spacious utility outhouse containing a washing machine and tumble drier, small freezer, barbecue and garden furniture.
- The gardens are enclosed and at the front have a wonderful view towards the Campsie Fells and Fintry Hills.
- The cottage has a radio/CD player, clock radios and hairdryers, flatscreen TV with DVD player.
(photo at top of page)
Arnvicar provides comfortable family accommodation in a peaceful Scottish rural location, and for parties of up to 16 can be booked with Ash and Hawthorn Cottages.
Ash and Hawthorn Cottages
- On the ground floor there is a spacious kitchen/dining room; a lounge with open fire, two chair beds; shower room, and lobby with coat and boot storage.
- The kitchen is equipped with cooker, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher.
- Upstairs there are two bedrooms which may be twin or double bedded, a smaller bedroom with bunk beds, and a bathroom.
- There is an enclosed garden and a south facing courtyard with an adjacent games and leisure room.
- To the south can be seen the Fintry Hills and Campsie Fells and to the west, Ben Lomond.
- The Farmhouse has a radio CD player, clock radios, hairdryers, Flat Screen TV and satellite available for those guests who wish to bring their own decoder.
(both sleep 4)
These cottages are next to Arnvicar Farmhouse and apart from decorative differences are almost identical. Ash and Hawthorn can be combined for larger parties of up to 8, and with Arnvicar can accommodate up to 16.
- On the first floor each has two double (or twin bedded) rooms and a bathroom and on the ground floor an entrance lobby, shower room, storage cupboard and open plan living room, kitchen with wood burning stoves.
- Through a communal lobby they have access to a utility room containing the washing machine and tumble dryer, barbecues and garden furniture for both cottages.
- The fully fitted pine kitchens are equipped with electric cookers, fridge freezers and microwave.
- The cottages have radio/CD players, clock radios, hairdryers, Flat Screen TVs with DVD player, and satellite available for guests who wish to bring their own decoders.
- The cottages face west and look over open farmland with, on fine days, a lovely view of Ben Lomond.
- They have a large enclosed garden and through the rear lobby have access to the Games Room at Arnvicar.