Sleeps: 5 - 9 +cot.
Pets by arrangement, please telephone the owners before booking.
STB: 3 Stars.
Prices £450 - £680 pw.
Pagelink - we also have:
Rowan Glen, Upper Braefindon, sleeps 7 + 2 in Gypsy Caravan
Rowan Glen is our own house, available when we are away, in 6 acres of its own grounds on the Black Isle, 20 minutes north of Inverness, with full size croquet court, maze, 2 large ponds (one with boat house and rowing dinghy), tree house, zip wire etc.
For further details please contact:
Revd. and Mrs A.M.Roff
Tel: 01349 877762
Reload this mapCaladh (pronounced Cala), Gaelic for The Haven, is a modern bungalow sleeping 5 - 9 people. It is situated on its own within unrestricted views south, to the sea and mountains. Quiet and peaceful, Loch Torridon is one of the more beautiful parts of the west coast of Scotland. The area is ideal for walking, climbing, wildlife watching and exploring Wester Ross. The climate is mild, being warmed by the Gulfstream, and tropical plants are grown at Inverewe, not far away.
- Sitting room with open fire and Satellite TV, DVD player (you would need your own DVDs).
- The large kitchen / diner includes an open fire, fridge, freezer, microwave and automatic washer / tumble drier.
- Downstairs there are 3 bedrooms (1 double, 1 twin and 1 smaller twin), bathroom and two WCs.
- All downstairs rooms have electric central heating.
- Wifi provided.
- Upstairs there is a shower room with wash basin and third WC.
- Please do not smoke in the house.
- Ample parking is available.
- The bungalow's enclosed garden has seats and picnic table.
- In addition, there is an adjoining one acre hillside plantation, part of the property, with rhododendrons, eucalyptus, hardwoods and conifers, and also a 'retreat house'.
- From Caladh it is just 3 minutes walk by footpath to the beach.
- There is no road to the beach so you are assured of quiet.
- The bungalow is situated on National Trust land and the neighbouring estate is a National Nature Reserve. There are visitor centres and a great variety of walks, on well marked tracks and over wild mountains.
- Experienced hill walkers can enjoy the mountains of Torridon, Applecross and Wester Ross including Liathach, Beinn Eighe, Slioch and An Teallach. There are also many lower level easier walks including coastal paths.
- Gairloch also has a golf course, beach, heritage museum, craft shops, bank, etc.
Inverewe Garden on the shores of Loch Ewe is open all year.
- Sea angling, fishing, wildlife cruises and pony trekking are just some of the other activities on offer in the region.
For parties up to 9 maximum the two upstairs bedrooms, double (king sized) and (small) single (both normally locked) can be made available at an extra charge of £200 per week. The kitchen / diner can seat up to 8 at a sitting, but the sitting room is not over large. For this option, notice must be given and payment made to the owners 3 weeks before the holiday.
- Guests are asked to read the electric meter at the beginning and end of their stay and to send an additional cheque to cover the cost, at 15p per unit used.
- Bed linen included, but please bring own towels.
- Coal is provided for the fires.
- Half the rent is payable on booking, when travel directions will be sent. The remainder is due 4 weeks before the beginning of the holiday.
Please read our terms and conditions on our website.