Island of Hoy & Walls,
2 cottages each sleeping 1-4.
Low season: £410 - £480 pw, or £60 - £70 per night.
High season: £445 - £550 pw, or £65 - £80 per night.
Payment: UK cheque, direct transfer, PayPal.
For further details please contact:
Tel: 01856 701 888
Reload this mapCantick Head Lighthouse is situated at the tip of the Walls peninsula overlooking Cantick Sound and the southern entrance to Scapa Flow. Designed and engineered by the Stevenson brothers David and Thomas, the active Lighthouse and former Lightkeeper's homes are grade B listed of architectural and historic interest. Restored and renovated to a high standard, the Cottages provide the modern facilities and comforts associated with 21st century living yet retain many original Victorian features.
The Assistant Lightkeeper's Cottage consists of a lounge-diner, small kitchen, 2 bedrooms and dual shower room. Sleeps 1-4 people.
- Dramatic scenery, bird, marine and plant life in abundance and very little traffic serve to make the Island of Hoy & Walls an ideal base for walking and cycling.
- Archaeology, Geology and an impressive Naval history from Vikings to World War II are all on the doorstop.
- Sea angling is a common pastime from the cliffs around the Lighthouse and Trout Fishing is available at Heldale Water.
- Perhaps your dream is to really get away from it all - whether beach combing for shells and driftwood or just gazing at the sea, you will rarely be disturbed.
The Principal Lightkeeper's Cottage offers a spacious kitchen diner with dishwasher; separate lounge, 2 bedrooms and dual shower room. Sleeps 1-4 people in a king and double bed.
- The cottages enjoy truly stunning sea views and are well equipped with excellent catering and leisure facilities such as Freeview TV, DVD+VCR, HiFi and a broad selection of books, films, music and board games.
- Rates include electricity, heating, hot water, bed linen and towels.
- Short breaks available all year.
- Welcome tray on arrival.