and THE DAIRY HOUSE
Upper Foxhangers Farm,
Hayloft sleeps 2 - 4.
Dairy House sleeps 6.
Sorry no pets.
Tourist Board: 4 Star.
Price range £250 - £700 pw.
For further details please contact:
Mrs Louise Dawe-Lane
Tel / Fax: 01380 728883
Reload this mapThe Canal Barn provides luxury holiday accommodation with a contemporary feel in the heart of Wiltshire. It is located on the southern edge of the Village of Rowde at the foot of the historic Caen Hill Flight of Locks and comprises two properties:
The Hayloft provides generous accommodation for 2 people or 4 close friends.
The Dairy House is ideal for the larger group and sleeps 6.
- There is a large sitting room with french windows leading to a patio area. The sitting room has a high beamed ceiling, sofa bed and log burner.
- There is also a large kitchen and dining area with separate wc.
- Stairs lead up from the sitting room to a gallery landing and the old hayloft, which has been converted into a large double room with en-suite bathroom.
Both properties have modern, well-equipped, kitchens each with washing machine, dishwasher and microwave. They both have a widescreen tv and dvd player. There is also a wireless internet connection for those who need to keep in touch!
- Downstairs is a spacious sitting room with french windows and log burner.
- On one side there is a twin room with disabled access, french windows and en-suite shower room and wc.
- On the other side is a large kitchen with dining area and french windows leading to a patio.
- Stairs lead up from the sitting room to a galleried landing and one double bedroom and one twin bedroom, each with en-suite bathrooms.
- The west end of the Dairy House is mainly glass, adding to the contemporary theme, and providing an uninterrupted view westward down the canal which is magnificent at sunset.
Upper Foxhangers Farm is a lovely place to escape for a holiday or long weekend. The Kennett & Avon Canal is but a stone's throw away and ideal for walking, cycling and coarse fishing. The Canal Barn provides a comfortable place to stay from which to explore the historic cities of Bath and Salisbury, or visit Lacock Abbey, Bowood, or Stourhead. The ancient sites of Stonehenge, Avebury and Silbury Hill, for which Wiltshire is famous, are also close by.