Photo: North Bilbster Cottage
Each cottage sleeps 4 (+sofabed).
Pets by arrangement.
Tourist Board: 4 stars.
Low season £345 - £375 pw.
High season £375 - £600 pw.
Credit cards accepted.
For further details please contact:
Mrs Jane Miller
Tel: 01955 621 226
Mob: 0777 3556474
Reload this mapNorth Bilbster Cottage and the Gardener's Cottage (photo on right) are traditionally built stone cottages (100yrs +) that have been fully renovated to a high standard for your comfort. Both cottages offer an excellent base for exploring Caithness, Sutherland and Orkney and will allow the occupants a chance to enjoy the peace and solitude that Caithness can offer. The cottages come equipped with all mod cons and offer the rare blend of period country cottages with modern well furnished interiors. The Scottish Tourist Board has awarded both cottages four stars.
The Gardener's Cottage (named because the previous occupants were gardeners for the 'Big House') is single storied with a large decking overlooking its own large secure walled garden. (Perfect for children).
North Bilbster Cottage is two storied and its stone walled garden offers unhindered views of the Wick River and farmland. Like the Gardener's Cottage it has its own parking area.
- Modern open plan kitchen/living room with wood floor, breakfast bar, electric cooker and all mod cons including: Fridge, microwave, dishwasher, TV, DVD, CD player, Sky TV, books and games and dvds.
- Utility room with washer and tumbler drier.
- Toilet with wash hand basin.
- Shower room with second toilet and wash hand basin.
- Double bedroom.
- Twin bedroom.
- Oil fired heating throughout plus a wood/peat burning stove in the livingroom.
- Cottage freezer in store connected to the cottage.
- Linens and towels are included in the rent as is heating and electricity.
- Telephone and internet access, Free WiFi.
- Living room with a wood/peat burning stove, TV, DVD, Sky, books, games, and DVDs.
- Kitchen with electric cooker, microwave, refrigerator and freezer, dishwasher.
- Toilet with wash hand basin and electric shower.
- Washer and tumbler drier.
- Double bedroom.
- Twin bedroom.
- Oil fired central heating.
- Linens and towels included in the rent as is heating and electricity.
- Internet access, Free WiFi.
A welcome hamper will be ready for you so you won't have to shop immediately. Baby equipment is available on request. Additional sleeping accommodation is available in the form of a sofa bed in the cottage livingrooms.
Just 6 miles from Wick, 15 from Thurso, and 22miles from John O Groats on traffic free roads. The cottages are ideally situated for exploring Caithness and the surrounding counties.
Things to do
- Just take the fresh air and relax!
- For the fisherman the Wick river with its wild brown trout is just a stone's throw away and the Thurso River, renowned for its salmon fishing, can be reached in just a short drive.
- Caithness also offers a wonderful variety of bird life and several rare species breed in the Flow Country. The cliffs around coast are spectacular and host colonies of puffins, kittiwakes and guillemots. The autumn migration of wildgeese has to seen to be believed.
- Secluded beaches, exciting wildlife cruises and some of the best surfing conditions and competitions in the world.
- Castle of Mey, the former home of the late Queen Mother and now open to the public in the summer months.
- Hill walking, cycling and kite flying - Caithness provides the wind and we'll provide the kites.
- Ancient castles, chambered cairns, and standing stones.
- A Distillery visit that will give you a taste of a fine malt whiskey.
- Golf and a choice of three courses within the county. And the Royal Dornoch in Sutherland is viewed by some to rival ST Andrews.
- Paintball, Quad Bikes and horse riding are near by.
- And if you want to travel a little farther you can take a day trip to the Orkney Isles on one of the three ferry routes. The shortest route takes only 40 minutes to cross the Pentland Firth from John O Groats.