Sleeps: 2 - 4 +cot
Well behaved pets welcome.
Prices from £395 - £595 pw.
For further information please contact:
Will and Sue Snow
Tel: 07543 985061
Last minute vacancies during weeks:Reload this mapDesignated National Scenic Area
One of the prime areas in the UK for whales and other marine mammals and a superb location for astronomy.
Cairn Shiel, a detached, modern bungalow at Kinlochewe, 1 hour from Inverness and 10 minutes from Torridon, stands entirely by itself in the Beinn Eighe Nature Reserve, overlooking Beinn Eighe, Slioch and the Torridon mountains and near Loch Maree. Ideal for climbers, walkers and nature lovers, Cairn Shiel is an ideal base for exploring Wester Ross. Pine martens visit the house regularly, and deer and eagles are often seen. The only self-catering property within the Beinn Eighe Nature Reserve. Many sandy beaches around Gairloch and Red Point.
Kinlochewe has shops, a hotel/bar, garage and cafe.
- Comfortable, tastefully furnished and accommodating up to 4, the house has a 21ft lounge (with large picture window looking onto the reserve) plus dining area.
- There is a freeview satellite TV, video, DVD, and radio/ cassette/ CD player + payphone.
- WiFi available at a small supplement.
- The large master bedroom which looks onto the nature reserve, which has a king-size bed, and the two twin bedded rooms all have fitted wardrobes.
- The bathroom has 3 piece suite, electric shower, heater and heated towel rail.
- The fully fitted kitchen has dishwasher, fridge/freezer, microwave and a good selection of crockery and utensils.
- A separate room has a washer and tumble dryer.
Post Office approx 5 mins away.
The area's attractions include whale-watching and marine trips, visits to the puffin colonies on the Shiant islands, sea eagles, salmon, sea trout, brown trout, pike and sea fishing: bird-watching, falconry courses, golf course and pony trekking. Also boat trips on Loch Maree to view Viking graves, bike hire, car hire, deer stalking and deer museum, guided hill walks, guided climbing and sea-kayaking trips, plus the world famous Inverewe Gardens, to name but a few.
Short bargain breaks, November to March.