Isle of Skye
Pets welcome by arrangement.
Price range: £330 - £490 pw.
Sandpiper, sleeps 4
For further details please contact:
Peter or Gillian Roberts
Tel: 01471 820243
Last minute vacancies during weeks:Burnside is a comfortable and traditional stone cottage. It takes its name from the burn that runs down from the wooded garden and past the side of the house.
5 Apr, 12 Apr
- It is situated in the small village of Skeabost 6 miles from Portree, a picturesque fishing village, and on the road to Dunvegan.
- It is in a great position to explore north and central Skye. It overlooks loch Snizort a large sea loch.
- At low tide there are wading birds and otters have been seen on the shore line opposite the cottage.
- Within walking distance is St.Columbas isle and a ruined chapel with ancient gravestones the remains of one of the first Christian churches in Skye, and other historic artefacts.
- Locally also is salmon fishing, golf, a bar and restaurant and nearby horse riding.
Included in the tariff
- Electric storage heaters and an open fire (first bucket of logs and coal provided).
- Double glazed.
- Lounge / diner.
- Fully fitted kitchen electric cooker, microwave fridge/freezer washer/dryer.
- Double and twin bedroom.
- Bathroom with over bath shower.
- TV with DVD player, CD player, selection of information books.
- A payphone is available.
- Enclosed garden.
Things to do
- Bed linen and towels.
- Free Wi-Fi.
- For lovers of the out doors Skye is perfect.
- There are boat trips to see seals ,sea eagles and perhaps whales and dolphins.
- Bird watching is very popular, and it is a paradise for photographers.
- There are many small galleries and potteries to explore and for the whisky lovers there is the Talisker distillery at Carbost or the whisky tasting at Isle Ornsay.
- Food lovers will not be disappointed with great places to eat and wonderful seafood.
- The opportunity for walkers is huge, from delightful short walks such as Coral Beaches to the more challenging Cullin Ridge for experienced walkers.