1 Meavaig (South),
Isle of Harris,
One well behaved dog welcome.
Free WiFi from 2014.
Price: £800 pw.
10% reduction for second week - excluding July/August.
Paypal / credit cards accepted.
For further details please contact:
Mike & Rupa Frain
Tel: 01851 890283
Last minute vacancies during weeks:Reload this mapBurnside Cottage (in the photo above with the old chapel in the foreground) is located on the coast at Meavaig (South), on the Isle of Harris. Up to four people can relax in the cottage, which has a spectacular view down towards the sea from the front of the house.
8 Mar, 15 Mar, 22 Mar, 29 Mar, 5 Apr, 12 Apr
- Burnside Cottage is located on the edge of Meavaig (South) on the Isle of Harris, just a minute's walk from the jetty, and it enjoys magnificent views across East Loch Tarbert.
- A fast-flowing stream runs past the house into the sea below - where you can fish, pick mussels, watch otters, seals and bird-life or simply watch the ferry arriving from The Isle of Skye.
- The terrain around the cottage is wild and majestic, ideal for hill walking, bird watching, fishing or getting away from it all (fishing equipment is provided).
- There is also a golf course and some of the best beaches in the world, just a few miles away on the West Coast of the island.
- The cottage is only five minutes from Tarbert - the ferry port and local shopping centre - and an hour from Stornoway, where you can get almost everything you would want - including several flights a day to and from mainland Scotland.
The cottage consists of:
- Up to four people can relax in the cottage - which was fully refurbished by its new owners at the end of 2009.
- Small, well-behaved pets are also very welcome.
- The weekly rental includes electricity and off-peak phone calls (no meters!), bedding, towels etc.
- Free WiFi (from 2014).
- Master bedroom with double bed.
- En-suite bathroom with shower (to master bedroom).
- Second bedroom with double bed.
- Fully equipped kitchen (organised by semi-professional cook!).
- Dining room.
- Comfortable open plan lounge with open fire, satellite TV, library of books, library of digital movies and music.
- Full bathroom with bath with over-bath shower.