Newcastle On Clun,
Sorry no pets.
Low season: £220 - £305 pw.
High season: £350 - £395 pw.
For further details please contact:
Tel / Fax: 01588 640298
Our traditional stone eco-cottage is located on our organic hill farm (known as Brynmawr) in the beautiful South Shropshire countryside. The cottage is the perfect place to relax and unwind or, if feeling more active, there is ample opportunity to explore the countryside, either by foot or using the bicycles provided. Guests can also explore the farm and its wildlife habitats including the Shropshire Wildlife Trust's Rhos Fiddle Reserve, a beautiful large expanse of upland moorland, designated as a Site of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI).
The cottage has been carefully renovated, using local materials where possible, both to retain its traditional characteristics but also to fully accommodate modern eco-friendly design principles as well as ensuring long-term sustainable use of the building. The cottage is not connected to the national grid so a number of eco-friendly design features were needed to provide the energy. These include a 3.5 kW wind turbine that provides all the electricity needed, solar hot water panels and a high-efficiency Clearview wood burning stove that uses wood from the farm and also provides hot water on not so sunny days!
The cottage includes:
- Double bedroom.
- Twin bedroom.
- Efficient wood burner and free logs.
- Wind turbine, solar panels and many other eco-design features.
- Large garden with beautiful views, a patio and a raised seating area.
- Organic vegetables, grown in raised beds and freely available for guests.
- We can also source local organic food for guests.
- A barbecue with free, locally sourced charcoal.
- A pick up service to and from the local bus and train stations.
- Composting and recycling facilities.