Nr St.Davids and Fishguard,
Tourist Board Grade: 4 Stars.
Low season £370 - £410 pw.
High season £480 - £665 pw.
Short breaks outside high season.
For further details please contact:
1 St.Stephens Villas, St.Stephens Road, Lansdown, Bath BA1 5PN
Tel: 01225 311773 or 07885 509 813
Last minute vacancies during weeks:Reload this mapCottage-lovers will be rewarded by the many delightful and original features of Brynteg, but will also enjoy the four-star facilities such as the dishwasher, flat-screen TV and new bathroom. Every room has character, whether it is beams, rugs over slate flagstones, old fireplaces or oak doors with hand-forged nails and latches. In sunshine you can relax in the south-facing walled front garden and read or just watch village life go by, and inside you will be snug by the fire. Brynteg Cottage is ideal if you are looking for a peaceful and romantic cottage for two or a comfortable and homely base for a family or friends.
24 Sep, 1 Oct
Brynteg Cottage is at the heart of the picturesque village of Mathry - from its hilltop position you have beautiful views of the sea and coastline, the Preseli mountains, and the surrounding rolling farmland criss-crossed with winding lanes and paths.
You are ideally placed between St. Davids and Fishguard, and only about a mile and a half from the spectacular and unspoilt Pembrokeshire coast - the Pembrokeshire National Park - with its breathtaking scenery and outstanding coastal path. Walkers, beach-lovers, bird-watchers, sailors and water-sports enthusiasts will love the stunning coastline, islands, seascapes and award-winning beaches and coves. St Davids with its Cathedral and superb sandy beaches, great for surfing, sea-kayaking and swimming, is only a short drive away.
Opposite the cottage is Mathry's church with its ancient Celtic stone crosses still visible in the churchyard walls. Just a two-minute walk from the cottage is the friendly Farmers Arms village pub which serves a fine pint and good home-cooked food and the welcoming Siop Fach Tearoom and Collectibles. Further down the hill in the old Sessions Hall is the West Wales Diving School. Cycle hire is local too.
- Welcoming hall with travertine limestone floor.
- Living room with rugs laid on a beautiful slate floor, Villager multifuel stove, beamed ceiling, comfortable sofas, 26 inch flat screen TV with satellite freeview, DVD player, radio, shelves full of books and an oak cupboard with games and a selection of DVDs, and an oak dining table and chairs.
- Kitchen with travertine floor, feature fireplace, exposed beams, village hand-made Welsh dresser and kitchen furniture, ceramic electric cooker hob and fan oven, fridge with integral freezer compartment, dishwasher, microwave, pine dining table and chairs, and an iron and ironing board.
- Separate outside-access laundry room for the washing machine/dryer.
- Carpeted stairs and landing.
- Bright and spacious double bedroom with original slightly sloping pine floor, rugs, old cast-iron fireplace, timber ceiling, antique and new pine furniture, clock/radio and hairdryer.
- Bedroom, carpeted, with two 3 foot beds, timber ceiling, antique and new pine furniture.
- Bathroom with white suite: bath, shower, inset washbasin with full-width mirror, overhead lighting and cupboard beneath, shaver point, wall heater and WC.
- Travel cot and stair gate provided (at user's own risk).
- Storage heaters, electric heaters.
- Electricity Included.
- Coal provided for the multifuel stove.
- Beds made up for your arrival with fresh bedlinen.
- Parking on grass in front of the cottage.
- Garden seating.
- Sorry no pets.
- No smoking.