BRON Y FOEL BACH
Bron Y Foel,
Sleeps: 4 +.
Pets by arrangement.
Low season £370 pw.
Mid season £510 pw.
High season £680 pw.
Short breaks: 70% of the cost of the week for 3 nights and 80% for 4 nights.
Pagelink: Cefn Isaf, sleeps 8
For further details please contact:
Tel: 0207 274 9504
Bron Y Foel Bach dates back to 14th century.
Bron y Foel Bach is a traditional stone barn with slate roof from local quarry. It is sensitively converted to combine the best of both old and new. Set on a craggy hillside, half a mile from the road, surrounded by stonewalled fields, this cottage offers peace and tranquillity with fantastic views of sea, hills and countryside. This isn't just a house for the summer, it is ideal for all the year round. A great house for 5 but also perfect for that getaway from it all romantic break. It offers many opportunities for walks - up the mountain behind, along coastal paths, and in the Snowdonia National Park just a few miles to the north; climbing can also be done nearby at Tremadog Rocks.
- A mile away is the small town of Porthmadog from where the famous Ffestiniog Railway runs into the mountains to the old slate mining town of Blaenau Ffestiniog and the Welsh highland railway.
- Close by is the Italianate village of Portmeirion designed by the influential 20th century architect, Sir Clough Williams-Ellis.
- There are plenty of opportunities for bird watching, with choughs, ravens, barn and tawny owls and many more locally. There is an osprey RSPB nest site nearby.
- Black Rock, a short drive away has an excellent sandy beach and golf course and there are sailing centres at Pwllheli and Abersoch.
- With massive oak trussed beamed ceiling, the barn has an impressive and large dining/living room with an inglenook fireplace and wood burning stove. The floor throughout the ground floor is limestone flags. There is some ceramic wall sculpture by the welsh artist Bronwyn Williams-Ellis RCA.
- The kitchen is open plan with fitted wooden units, mini dishwasher, electric cooker, deepfreeze, microwave and fridge.
- The main bedroom has a view onto the garden and has a Kingsize double bed.
- The bathroom contains a bath, basin, shower, toilet and heated towel rail. There is an airing cupboard with a washing machine/tumble dryer.
- The second bedroom is off a balustraded balcony, has three single beds and a fantastic view along the coast including Criccieth Castle.
If you would like to book for this year please contact Susannah Brooke.
- Under-floor heating throughout the ground floor.
- Logs - Initial basket is free. To organise a further supply in advance of arrival contact Jon, the housekeeper, Logs can be bought at the garden centre in Tremadog, the Shell Garage near the harbour in Porthmadog and at the garage in Criccieth.
- Linen provided, with bottom sheet, duvet cover and pillow cases. Bring your own towels and tea towels. Towels can be provided at a cost of £8.50 per person (hand and bath towel).
- Cot and high chair available upon request (bedding for cot not provided).
- Television with DVD player. (Please bring your own DVDs).
- Stereo system with ipod dock.
- Dishwasher, deepfreeze, microwave, larder fridge.
- Washing machine/tumble dryer.
- Private soft water supply.
- Wooden garden table and chairs. Barbecue.
- Own garden area and parking.