BRO MEIGAN COTTAGE
Bro Meigan Gardens,
Sorry, no pets.
Low season £250 - £320 pw.
High season £330 - £450 pw.
For further details please contact:
David and Yvonne Gillett
Tel: 01239 841232
Last minute vacancies during weeks:Reload this mapSet in the heart of the North Pembrokeshire, this cosy Cottage for two makes a delightful base from which to explore this beautiful county. The Preseli Hills are just a few minutes' drive away and you can drive to the Coastal Path and the beach in 10 minutes. There are numerous pubs and good restaurants nearby.
20 Sep, 27 Sep, 4 Oct, 11 Oct, 18 Oct
Bro Meigan's 6.5-acre Garden was featured as one of 10 gardens in Britain (the only one in Wales) in The Independent on Sunday's list of Secret Britain. Please note that the Tea Room is now only occasionally opened for pre-arranged groups, but the Garden remains open. Guests to the Cottage have free access to the Garden at all times.
The mystical Preseli Hills form a backdrop to the garden and contribute to the peaceful atmosphere. You can wander at your leisure and linger on one of the many seats. We have a range of planting, including a hay meadow and wooded dingle with cascading springs and bog garden. You can make use of the grounds when there is no one else around and take the opportunity to watch the stars without any light pollution, go for moonlight walks or just while away the time sipping a glass of wine. For wildlife enthusiasts, our garden is visited by many species of birds and mammals. There are many butterflies, moths, and dragon flies. You can even borrow our Bat detector and try to identify the many bats that fly around at dusk. Or why not just sit quietly and watch the wildlife?
- With parts dating back to the 16th century, the Cottage is single storey, split-level, and provides cosy accommodation attached to the owners' farmhouse.
- Privacy is still afforded however, as the entrance to the cottage is to the rear of our home and you have your own off-road car parking space at the side of the property and ample space at the nearby roadside front.
- The sitting room contains a comfortable 3-seater sofa, colour 26" flatscreen digital TV with Freeview, DVD player, large inglenook fireplace with woodburning stove and items of occasional furniture. Free WiFi is available.
- Several stairs lead from the sitting room up to the modern Kitchen, which is fully fitted and well equipped with an electric cooker with ceramic hob, fridge, microwave oven, and a breakfast table and chairs.
- The bedroom has a sumptuous king size bed (new for 2013) and bedroom furniture. The bed has a duvet and a choice of firm and medium pillows, and all linens are provided.
- The modern en-suite bathroom has a full sized bath, wash hand basin, WC and a separate shower cubicle with electric shower. Towels are provided.
- Electricity is included in the rental and night storage heaters when required provide heating. Logs for the wood burner are available from the owners (starter basket of logs provided).
- Outside furniture (patio table and chairs, reclining loungers, BBQ, etc.) is available to enable guests to take advantage of the beautiful views of the garden and Preseli Hills beyond. Please note that there is no view over the garden from the inside of the Cottage.
Getting to us is easy as we are situated on the B4332 between Boncath and Eglwyswrw. We are 6 miles from Cardigan, a Market Town with plenty of shops, including the Co-operative, Aldi and Tesco stores. The nearest pub and convenience store are a mile away in the village of Boncath and there are many fine places to eat not too far away.
For further information about Bro Meigan and to see more photographs please click our website button.