BRIDGE COTTAGE (thatched)
Sleeps: 4 - 5.
Travel cot available.
Well behaved pets welcome by arrangement.
Jul / Aug: £495.
Jun / Sep / Easter /Spring Bank: £395.
Apr / May: £340.
Rest of year: £295.
Xmas/New Year: £425.
Euro price will be at current exchange rate.
For further details please contact:
Tel: 01535 642742
Mob: 07795 204050
Bridge Cottage is a traditional thatched Donegal cottage dating back over two hundred years. It has been carefully restored with many of its original features intact yet combines the relaxed and peaceful atmosphere of a cosy turf stove and stone tiled floor with all modern comforts. The cottage is situated in a tranquil, rural, 'get away from it all' location but is only a five minute drive from the village shops and pub and two miles from the sea.
A large sun terrace at the rear of the cottage offers the perfect spot to relax and unwind with beautiful views of sheep grazing on the neighbouring hillside. Adjoining the terrace is an enclosed garden/paddock bordered by a stream.
Surrounding area has much to offer:
- Living/dining room with stone tiled floor.
- Two bedrooms on ground floor to sleep 4 / 5: 1st bedroom: double bed and TV socket. 2nd bedroom: twin single beds and ensuite hand-basin and toilet. Substantial folding bed also in cottage.
- Peat/log burning stove.
- TV/DVD, CD radio.
- Fully equipped kitchen.
- Washing machine.
- Ironing facilities.
- Main bathroom with shower and toilet.
- Large sun terrace and garden.
- Outdoor furniture.
- Lovely rural views.
- Electric storage and convector heating.
- Linen and Electricity provided free.
- Ample parking.
- Well behaved pets welcome by arrangement.
- Free use of bicycles and child seats.
- Beautiful sandy beaches nearby.
- Spectacular sea-scapes and cliffs including the highest in Europe at Sleive League.
- Lighthouse at St John's Point just to the south of cottage.
- Superb unspoilt lake and mountain scenery.
- Glenveagh National Park and Blue Stack Mountains within driving distance.
- Walking, cycling, fishing (sea and river), golf, pony trekking, scuba diving, sea safaris.
- Fifteen minutes to lovely natural harbour and fishing port of Killybegs.
- Colourful shop-fronts and attractions of Donegal Town a short drive away.
- Traditional Irish music in pubs and bars.
- Restaurants nearby.
- Airports: Donegal, Sligo, Londonderry, Belfast.
- Sea-port: Belfast then two hour drive.