One well-behaved dog (£3 per day).
ETC: 4 Stars.
Low season £260 - £300 pw.
High season £330 - £360 pw.
For further details please contact:
Mrs Anne Walters
Tel: 01629 650342
Last minute vacancies during weeks:Reload this mapThe village of Winster is situated in the Peak District National Park, mid-way between Matlock and Bakewell, and the prosperity it enjoyed in the 18th Century is reflected in the fine Georgian architecture of the main street and the solid stone cottages ranging up the steep hill behind.
30 Aug, 6 Sep
- There is an excellent village shop, a Post Office, GP's surgery and two pubs serving real ale and pub meals.
- A maze of public footpaths lead out of the village and into the varied surrounding countryside.
In a very private courtyard this attractive cottage offers the highest quality accommodation with a very romantic feel.
- The ground floor is centred around an inglenook fireplace which includes a real stove with gas coals. There is a satellite TV, DVD player, CD player, radio, eating area with window seat.
- The kitchen is complete with gas hob, electric oven, fridge and microwave.
- The spacious first floor bedroom has a four poster bed with old pine furniture and built-in wardrobe.
- A five star en-suite shower room is fitted out with walk-in shower, wc, bidet.
- Car parking is in the courtyard or, for larger cars, in the orchard at the rear of the property.
- WiFi available on request.
Briar Cottage is in the middle of Winster and located in the White Peak and Limestone Dales of Derbyshire, with many walks directly from the Cottage. It is near to the High Peak trail and the Tissington trail which you can walk or cycle. Many good restaurants are in the area and you only need to walk a mile to get to the Druid Inn at Birchover for a pint or a gastro-pub meal. There is good access to Haddon Hall ( 4 miles). Hardwick Hall (15 miles), and Chatsworth (5 miles). Bakewell and Chesterfield markets are on Mondays. Other attractions include Matlock Bath (5 miles), Crich Tramway museum (8 miles) and the Darley Dale Station with Peak Rail are just down the road 2 miles away.