VisitScotland: 4 star in The Byre.
Price range: £315 - £400 pw.
Short breaks in Autumn and Winter (minimum stay 3 nights).
For larger parties we also have Brecks Barn available which sleeps six.
Please see seperate listing: Brecks Barn
For further details please contact:
Tel: 01856 831599
Last minute vacancies during weeks:Brecks Byre is new for 2012 and has been renovated to the highest standard whilst retaining its original character. Set back 250m from the public road in the heart of our fertile farmland Brecks Selfcatering offers peace and luxury in beautiful surroundings.
14 Dec, 21 Dec, 28 Dec
- The Byre is a very spacious one bedroom property, featuring a beautiful sunlounge built with traditional stone.
- Heated throughout with energy efficient air source underfloor heating, there is also a double sided multi-fuel stove with stone fireplace between the sunlounge and kitchen/dining area.
- The bathroom is equipped with a corner bath and separate quadrant shower including large fixed shower head and seperate adjustable shower head for a truly invigorating shower!
- The bedroom features a king size bed, built in wardrobe and dressing table.
- Free WiFi.
You will be assured of a warm welcome at Brecks and being from Orkney and having lived here most of our lives we are more than able to supply you with plenty of local knowledge on Orkney.
- With Orkney as a backdrop it is only fitting that as part of our ongoing tree planting project we will be helping to off-set the carbon emitted both getting to and staying here at Brecks. We will be doing this by planting a quantity of trees each year representative to the amount of visitors having stayed in our accommodation. Also we will be aiming to achieve a bronze category in Green Tourism.
- We are situated 5 minutes drive from the picturesque village of St Margaret's Hope which has 3 grocery shops, a Post Office, a pub and restaurant. Pentland Ferries is also located in St Margaret's Hope taking you to and from the Mainland in around 1 hour.
- While staying at Brecks you can go for a walk through the farmland and you will no doubt see some of the many birds and wildlife that Brecks is a haven for. In 2010 we planted around 6000 trees on our farmland, and there are often birds singing around them. Pheasants wandering around with their young are a common sight. We have beef cattle and sheep on the farm - which you may also spot nearby.